Configuring of Electronic Signatures in SIMATIC PCS 7
In many industries, especially the pharmaceutical and food sector, there are often situations requiring different critical operator actions which have to be authorized by means of an Electronic Signature. Such kinds of operator actions may include, for example:
- adjusting a setpoint value
- executing a switching operation
- starting a sequence of operations
- starting a batch operation
In order to perform critical operator actions at the PCS 7 operator systems, this intervention must be verified by one or more users with an Electronic Signature. Authentication of the individual users is effected with SIMATIC Logon by means of an authorization prompt. The persons with Electronic Signature authorization are defined in the different user groups. When all required signatures are available, the critical operation will be executed. The associated signature data (time, user, operator action, operator station) will be written to the PCS message archive in the form of an audit trail.
Your Benefits at a Glance
- dialog-based configuration of multiple, role-based Electronic Signatures
- easy integration of the “Electronic Signature” functions in a PCS 7 project
- reduced costs and minimized configuration time through the use of preconfigured modules
- the plant is operated only by authorized personnel, thus increasing the protection against faults and errors
- excellent traceability of significant operator actions
- easy documentation by means of automatically generated audit trails in PCS 7
- long-term archiving of the Electronic Signatures ensured by the PCS 7 archiving concept
This application example supports you in engineerinig of electronic signature functions. The downloadable ZIP archive contains the installation files. With the installation all necessary files and scripts as well as a demo project are copied onto your computer. In the documentation you will find the description to the demo project as well as step-by-step instructions for configuring of electronic signatures.
The instructions and the demo project were created with SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.0 SP1 and SIMATIC Logon V1.5.