Delivery release for SINAMICS Startdrive V12
With immediate effect, the drive commisisoning tool SINAMICS Startdrive V12 integrated in the TIA Portal has been released for delivery.
Startdrive provides a TIA Portal-integrated tool for
- commissioning and
the SINAMICS drive family. The SINAMICS Startdrive V12 allows to implement drive tasks using frequency converters SINAMICS G120, G120C, G120D and G120P. The engineering tool has been optimized with regard to the convenient usability and consequent use of the TIA Portal benefits provided by a common working environment for PLC, HMI and drives.
SINAMICS Startdrive can be installed both as
- option package for SIMATIC STEP 7 V12 and as
- "Stand-alone" unit (without STEP 7).
STARTER is continued to be available and will be offered in parallel.
Convincing benefits of SINAMICS Startdrive
Efficient commissioning through convenient parameterization and powerful tools
- High usability through task-based navigation during the engineering workflow (hardware configuration, parameterization, commissioning, diagnostics)
- Time-saving and guided step-for-step commissioning
- Comfortable graphic function view for all drive functions
- Drive parameter list structured according to functions
- Convenient integration of SIMOTICS motors
- Integrated control panel for direct converter operation from the TIA Portal
- Powerful real-time trace for commissioning and drive diagnostics
- Intuitive and efficient converter diagnostics through automatic message display
- Context-sensitive online help, e.g. for drive messages
- Integrated detailed diagnostics for the converter (control/status words, parameter status, operating conditions, communication statuses)
- Convenient configuring for drive-side safety technology (Safety Integrated) and the drive-integrated single positioning function (EPOS)
- Graphic configuring of drive-integrated, free function blocks
- Online working on the converter
- without previous creation of an offline project.
- using the new SINAMICS FW Version (e.g. FW V4.6), without having to update the tool.
- Available online functions without project commissioning via Wizard and control panel, full parameter access with graphic function view and structured parameter list as well as complete converter diagnostics
Integration of SINAMICS drives with SIMATIC into the TIA Portal
The software packages based on the TIA Portal have been adjusted to each other and provide major benefits to the user. The TIA Portal allows to conveniently integrate SINAMICS frequency converters in your automation solution:
- Reduced training effort due to tool-spanning uniformity of operator actions
- Device configuration and network connection of converters via the TIA Portal-wide configuration and network editor
- Device access to the converters via the PLC beyond network limits (data record routing)
- Automatic telegram adjustment between converters and SIMATIC S7 PLC
- Reduction of standstill times on the plant / in the system through integration of the converter messages in the S7 system diagnostics:
- Without previous configuring expenditure, the drive messages are included in the S7 system diagnostics.
- The drive messages are thus automatically available in plaintext on the TIA Portal, the S7-PLC web server and the HMI.
- Time saving through convenient and guided converter configuring for operation with SIMATIC S7 Motion Control.
- Short training period for SIMATIC STEP 7 users due to commonly used editors. The real-time trace and the drive control panel are identical to the STEP 7 editors.
- The drive configuration and parameterization can be reused by means of the TIA Portal library • Standard TIA Portal functions for converters, e.g. Undo, Redo.
- Block library supplied with for the convenient integration of SINAMICS converters in the SIMATIC S7-300/400 and S7-1200/1500 user program.
- Common project storage for all devices in the project.
Frequency converters supported
The SINAMICS drives are gradually integrated in the TIA Portal. In SINAMICS Startdrive V12, SINAMICS
- G120D and
can be configured. All Control Units (incl. PROFINET, PROFIBUS, Safety Integrated) available for these devices are supported with SINAMICS Firmware V4.4 and V4.5. All combinable Power Modules can be configured (up to 250 kW).
SINAMICS Startdrive can be installed on one PC in parallel to STARTER.
Startdrive supports the following languages:
- Italian and
- Chinese (simplified).
SINAMICS Startdrive V12 is released for use with the following operating systems (32-bit, Windows 7 also 64-bit):
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
- Microsoft Server 2003 R2 Std. SP2
- Microsoft Server 2008 Std. SP2
|Recommended PC/PG hardware 32 bit operating system||Core i5, 2.4 GHz or comparable||3 GB||1280x1024||Windows 7|
|Recommended PC/PG hardware 64 bit operating system||Core i5, 2.4 GHz or comparable||8 GB||1280x1024||Windows 7|
Startdrive V12 has been tested with the virus scanner "Trend Micro Officescan 10.6".
Selection and ordering data, prices
|Startdrive Commissioning Tool for SINAMICS||6SL3072-4CA02-1XG0|
|Delivery on DVD incl. Single License and Certificate of License||Delivery against a handling fee of approx. 27 euros|
|Delivery as Internet Download incl. Single License and Certificate of License||Can be downloaded free from the Internet|
|Languages supported: German, English, English, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (simplified)|
The free Internet download of SINAMICS Startdrive V12 is provided in 68034568.
Supplementary conditions according to list of supplementary conditions provided in 55416849.
Further product information is provided on the Marketing Internet page for SINAMICS Startdrive. http://www.automation.siemens.com/mcms/mc/en/engineering-software/startdrive/Pages/startdrive.aspx
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry