SIMATIC IPC427D Released for Delivery
The IPC series SIMATIC IPC427C (Microbox) has been innovated and is herewith released for immediate delivery as Microbox SIMATIC IPC427D.
The most important system features of the new Microbox SIMATIC IPC427D are:
- Significant performance increase compared to the C-generation (Intel Core-i7; 3rd generation)
- Considerably more functionality and flexibility (iAMT, PCIe, Displayport, ...)
- Flexible mounting options and all interfaces on one side
- Fanless and maintenance-free with small footprint and high industrial functionality
- High system availability and robustness (non-volatile memory)
The new series can be flexibly configured and adapted to the user's requirements and applications.
Delivery Release for SIMATIC IPC427D
Fig.: SIMATIC IPC427D without, with one and with two expansions (PCIe)
The new Microbox SIMATIC IPC427D with innovative 3rd generation Intel-Core i processor architecture (Core i7, Core i3, Celeron) will replace the Microbox SIMATIC IPC427C in the medium term. This unit is a consistent continuation of the embedded series of products with new technologies.
The major highlights
- High system performance for challanging computing, control and visualization tasks
- Intel ® processors: Celeron 827E, Core i3-3217UE or Core i7-3517UE (3rd generation)
- DDR3 memory technology up to 8-GB RAM
- Mass memory can be configured as
- CFast cards up to 16GB and/or
- SSD (Solid State Drive) with 50GB (High Endurance) or 80GB (Standard) for robust requirements, or
- 2.5" hard disk with 250GB
- Full PC openness with Windows Embedded Standard 7 or Windows 7 Ultimate
Industrially suitable design
- Modern industrial design
- Several mounting options (mounting rail, wall mounting, portrait mounting)
- Very compact housing
- All interfaces on one side
Ideal for use in an industrial environment
- High operating reliability – even in the case of heavy vibration and shock loads.
- Version without hard disk with CFast card and/or SSD (Solid State Drive)
- Safe against voltage failure due to NVRAM for WINAC RTX (Soft PLC), retentive signalling buffer for WinCC and image security with Enhanced Write Filter
- Operation without battery is possible; w/o rotating parts (hard disk, fan)
- Diagnostic LEDs for "Headless operation"
- Reduced downtimes and early fault recognition due to self-diagnostics
- iAMT; enables the identification, analysis, administration and upgrade (SW) of the installed hard and software of the PC via remote access, even when the computer is switched off.
- Work memory optionally with ECC
High investment security due to
- Long time of sale (4- 5 years) and high continuity of the components for long-lived machine concepts
- PC Development and manufacture (incl. motherboard and BIOS) by Siemens
- Guaranteed availability of the component replacement parts (another 5 years after the end of active sales)
- Expandable by the user thanks to versatile interfaces (e.g. PCIe, DVI-I, display port, GBit Ethernet)
- Four USB 3.0 interfaces for simple and quick connection of additional hardware components
- Easy integration into the fieldbus level thanks to integrated PROFIBUS DP/MPI or PROFINET (IRT, 3 PORTS; CP1616-compatible) and 2-Gigabit Ethernet (IE/PN); (onboard)
- One slot for CFast Card (Flashdrive), accessible from outside
- Full PC openness due to Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows Embedded Standard 7
Comparison of the product features of the SIMATIC IPC427D and new SIMATIC IPC427C (differences in bold letters)
|Dimensions of basic unit
in mm (W x H x D)
|Work memory (configurable)||
|Mass memory (configurable)||
|Operating system (configurable)||
|Ambient temperature (horizontally mounted with CFast)||
|ower supply (configurable)||
The SIMATIC IPC427D is compatible with the predecessor SIMATIC IPC427C as far as possible. However, due to a number of innovative product features we have intentionally dispensed with 100% compatibility:
- Expansion cards are supported with a modern PCIe slot
- More functions are now optionally available (NVRAM, mounting options, ECC)
- Due to the use of a new PC hardware and drivers, customer images that were created on a SIMATIC IPC427C cannot be used on the new SIMATIC IPC427D.
WinAC RTX with restrictions
Up to the release of the WinAC-Bundles (Q3/2013), the usage of the WinAC RTX2010 is possible with the following restrictions
- no Profibus
- no control of the LEDs by WinAC
- no usage of the NVRAM
The SIMATIC IPC427D will replace the SIMATIC IPC427C in the medium term. The C generation is expected to remain available for order until 2015/2016.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry