PRONETA Basic 3.2 Commissioning and Diagnostics Tool for PROFINET
PRONETA Basic is well suited for solving two tasks fundamental to the commissioning of PROFINET installations:
- The “Network Analysis" task gives a quick overview of the devices connected to PROFINET. It features simple configuration options, like setting network parameters or assigning a network name to the devices which are part of the subnet the PRONETA PC is connected. The application also provides powerful mechanisms to compare several network topologies with each other, for example to compare an “ideal” topology intended for a project with the actual installation.
- The “IO Test" task is a simple and intuitive method to test the IO wiring of an installation with numerous distributed IO devices. It allows for checks of the wiring and will automatically set up a protocol of the test procedure which can be exported for documentation purposes.
New features of PRONETA Basic V3.2
- Support for the IO test of central IO modules of most SIMATIC S7-1500 CPUs and ET 200SP CPUs.**)
- Read out diagnostic information for all devices
- Include devices found via IP forwarding in other subnets
- Various bugfixes and performance improvements
**) Fail-safe central IO modules are not supported.
Beside the free PRONETA Basic, there is now also the licensed product PRONETA Professional, which extends the PRONETA Basic functionality by providing an API, based on MQTT communication, which allows the automated and remotely conducted scan of PROFINET networks.
PRONETA Professional in the SIEMENS Mall
PRONETA Basic runs on any standard PC, PG or laptop. The PROFINET connection is established through a regular Industrial Ethernet cable.
PRONETA Basic is released for Windows 7, Windows 7 Embedded Compact, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (each with 32 or 64 bits).
In addition to PRONETA Basic, the .NET Framework v4.6.2 must be present on the PC.
To start the software tool, proceed according to the documentation.
(Source code for OSS components used by PRONETA, download is not mandatory)
If you have any questions or problems regarding the application of PRONETA, please contact
Update to software version 3.2
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry