SIMATIC PCS 7 PowerControl – Integration of Medium Voltage Switchgear according to IEC 61850
In many process engineering plants, large electrical consumers with high energy demand are used, e.g. large drives, compactors, pumps, building infeed, etc. They are integrated via medium voltage switchgear which control, switch and automate the individual consumers via devices for protection and control functions (Intelligent Electronic Devices – IEDs) on the basis of the standard IEC 61850 protocol. In practice, different systems have generally been used for monitoring and controlling the switchgear on the one hand, and for the actual process automation on the other hand.
- Significant cost reduction across the entire life cycle of the plant
- More simple plant structures with increased transparency regarding the technological dependencies
- Uniform picture symbols and faceplates for the IEDs with the familiar look&feel from the process automation
- Further increase of the degree of integration and efficiency of the plant
Main content of this application
This document describes the simple application of PCS 7 PowerControl and the integration of the SIPROTEC 7SJ80 protection device in the SIMATIC PCS 7 process control system.
Furthermore, changes in the application are explained to you using the PC_FEEDER example project.
This document deals with the following main points on the topic of PCS 7 PowerControl:
- Configuration and Settings
- Modifications in the Application
This entry was created with SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.0 Upd1 and SIMATIC PCS 7 PowerControl V8.0 SP1, the procedure is valid for higher versions of SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMATIC PCS 7 PowerControl.
Documentation (2,2 MB)