Delivery release for S7-1500 Technology Modules for Counting, Measuring and Position Detection
The SIMATIC S7-1500 has been designed for use in almost all industries and applications and can solve many different technological tasks. Two technology modules (TM) are available to connect it to the industrial process. They provide the required interfaces and the necessary preprocessing and enable the user to easily and flexibly include the necessary functions in his application.
The module TM Count 2x24V has 2 identical channels for 24V input signals. Technology objects ensure simple configuration.
The module offers for both channels the following functions:
- Selection and use of different signal forms of the count signal
- Count signal, e.g. to count products or amounts of fluid or energy
- Count signals up and down, e.g.to aquire the content of a container with input and output
- Count signal and direction
- 2 Tracks with 90° phase shift, optionally with zero mark for position input with incremental encoders
- Two digital inputs (three with TM Count 2x24V) for fast control of the counting process by means of HW gate, or for saving the count value
- Two digital outputs for fast response depending on the count value
- Integrated voltage supply for the encoders
- Measuring functions for frequency, period length or speed in adjustable unit
- Position capturing in compliance with PROFIdrive for Motion Control in the S7-1500
The two modules enable the implementation of a large range of applications, e.g.
- Position detection
- Speed detection
- Capturing of product lengths
- Application of adhesive beads
S7-1500 System integration
The modules are fully integrated in the TIA-Portal. Easy to use graphical editors are available for parameterization. They are controlled from the user program by means of instructions.
More information on Step 7 V12, as well as the forms of delivery and system requirements, can be found in the relevant delivery release, see entry ID 67851956
More information on the system S7-1500 can be found in the relevant delivery release, see entry ID 67856446
Application in the ET 200MP distributed I/O system
The technology module TM Count 2x24V can be employed in the ET 200MP I/O system without any restrictions and provide all the benefits of this system.
For more information please read the delivery release for ET 200MP at entry ID 67885422.
Alternatively the modules can also be controlled with third party controllers via standard mechanisms such as input/output data and data records.
TIA Selection Tool:
At the time of the delivery release of SIMATIC ET 200MP a new version of the SIMATIC Selection Tool will be available which will permit a faster and simpler configuration, plus the generation of a parts list. Starting march 2013 this tool is available as a free download on www.siemens.com/tia-selection-tool
The documentation of the SIMATIC ET 200MP comes in a modular form. It consists of various documents which provide instructions, contain reference information or explain functions independent of the product.
The documentation comprises the following:
- System manual S7-1500 and ET 200MP (includes information on the whole system)
- Topic-oriented function manuals (general assembly guidelines, functions and parameters, etc.)
- Device manuals with the respective descriptions of the modules
Support with the configuration and programming of SIMATIC ET 200MP is also provided by the information system in the TIA-Portal (online help system).
|S7-1500 Automation system||59191792|
|ET 200MP distributed I/O system||59193214|
|Counting, measurement and position input||59709820|
|Technology Module TM Count 2x24V||59193105|
More manuals for S7-1500 and the TIA-Portal are available on the Customer Support pages:
|TM Count 2x24V
High-speed counter module, 2 channels; connection of 24 V incremental/pulse encoders; 3 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs per channel;
|Front connector for 35mm modules; screw terminals, 40-pole||6ES7 592-1AM00-0XB0|
|U Connector, 5 pcs.||6ES7 590-0AA00-0AA0|
|Connector, 2x2-pole for 24V DC supply, push-in terminals, 10 pcs.||6ES7 193-4JB00-0AA0|
|Universal front cover for I/O modules (5 pcs.)||6ES7 528-0AA00-7AA0|
|Sheet with label strips (Al grey) (10 pcs.)||6ES7 592-2AX00-0AA0|
|Shielding kit S7-1500 I/Os (5 pcs.)||6ES7 590-5CA00-0AA0|
|Shield terminal (10 pcs.)||6ES7 590-5BA00-0AA0|
|Voltage jumper for front connector (20 pcs.)||6ES7 592-3AA00-0AA0|
You will find more information under the following links:
For further questions please speak to your partner at your local Siemens branch office:
Siemens Partners on the Internet
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry