Delivery Release for SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional / Basic V12
Intuitive, efficient and future-proof - the engineering software for programming the new, innovative S7-1500 controllers
The products are based on the Totally Integrated Automation Portal - the integrated working environment for the engineering software of IA and DT.
- STEP 7 Basic V12 is the successor of STEP 7 Basic V11.
- STEP 7 Professional V12 is the engineering system for all existing SIMATIC controller (S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC) and in addition offers excellent support of the new SIMATIC S7-1500 controller (67856446).
- STEP 7 Professional 2010 remains available for delivery and will be offered in parallel.
Further information about delivery release of TIA-Portal Software SIMATIC WinCC V12 and Startdrive V12 can be found here:
- Excellent integration of the new SIMATIC S7-1500 controllers
- High-performance programming editors for efficient engineering
- Scalability across all controller families
- Optimal interaction between controller, HMI and drive in one working environment
- Common data storage and uniform symbolics
- System diagnostics as integrated system function
- Variables Trace for effective commissioning
- Scalable and flexible Motion Control functionality
- Overall library concept
- Security Integrated
- Migration support for existing hardware and software products.
Excellent integration of the new SIMATIC S7-1500 controllers
With its many innovations, the new SIMATIC S7-1500 controller from the SIMATIC S7 family of controllers sets new benchmarks for maximum productivity. The SIMATIC S7-1500 is perfectly integrated in SIMATIC STEP 7 V12 Professional for maximum engineering efficiency. With its unique system performance and PROFINET as standard interface, SIMATIC S7-1500 is the new reference for performance.
High-performance programming editors for efficient engineering
STEP 7 V12 provides powerful programming editors with optimized compilers for programming the S7 controllers: Ladder Diagram (LAD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Structured Text (SCL) are available for all controllers, plus Statement List (STL) for the controller families S7-1500, S7-300, S7-400 and WinAC. The user can employ new functions such as Calculate and EmptyBox, String Functions, DB change during running operation, etc.. In this way STEP 7 V12 enables the user to efficiently create his application. Technological functions such as closed-loop or position control can be implemented in the engineering software without problems.
Variables Trace for effective commissioning
The Trace Editor enables users to chronologically record signals from the user program that runs in the new S7-1500 CPU. The graphical evaluation of the signals facilitates the commissioning, e.g. of drives, and helps in the search for sporadical faults in the application or the user program.
Scalable and flexible Motion Control functionality
Creating motion control applications will be made easy by STEP 7 and S7-1500. The intuitive, graphical user interface of the technology objects in STEP 7 V12 provide best support with the configuration, commissioning and fault finding of analog and PROFIdrive drives. The instructions for the control of the motion sequence are standardized in compliance with PLCopen Motion Control. STEP 7 V12 supports the following functions:
- Positioning (absolute and relative)
- Speed controlled operation (e.g. inching mode)
- Referencing (active, on the fly, ...)
- Support of incremental and absolute encoders
Overall library concept
The system has an universal library concept for re-use of often required program sections.
Elements such as blocks, variables, alarms, HMI screens, image objects, individual modules or complete stations can be stored in local or global libraries, including their parameters. They are thus available for further programming tasks.
STEP 7 V12 offers password-based know-how protection against unauthorized reading and changing of the contents of program blocks.
The copy protection provides a higher security against unauthorized duplication of program blocks. The latter can be linked to the serial no. of a memory card, so that the block only executes if the configured memory card is inserted in the CPU.
Furthermore, four different security access levels are available for the controller to assign different access rights to different user groups.
The improved manipulation protection offers better security against unauthorized changes of the data transferred between STEP 7 and the controller.
Migration support for existing hardware and software products
A migration tool integrated in SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V12 provides support with:
Changing over from S7-300/S7-400 to the S7-1500 controllers and system-supported conversion of the program code. Those parts of the program code that cannot be converted automatically are logged and can be adapted manually. STEP 7 V11 projects can continue to be used in the compatibility mode with STEP 7 V12. Furthermore, S7-1200 programs can be transferred to S7-1500 via Copy&Paste.
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V12 is the easy to use universal engineering system for the current SIMATIC controllers S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC and ET 200 CPU.
PLCSIM for simulation of the S7-1500 CPUs and WinCC Basic for configuration of the Basic Panels are included in the scope of delivery.
SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V12 is the easy to use engineering system for the modular SIMATIC S7-1200 micro PLC and the associated I/Os. It includes SIMATIC WinCC Basic for the configuration of the SIMATIC Basic Panels.
STEP 7 Professional / Basic V12 are released for use under the following operating systems (32-bit, Windows 7 also 64-Bit):
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (only STEP 7 Basic)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 (only STEP 7 Basic)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
- Microsoft Server 2003 R2 Std. SP2 (only STEP 7 Professional)
- Microsoft Server 2008 Std. SP2 (only STEP 7 Professional)
|Recommended PC/PG hardware 32-bit operating system||Core i5, 2.4 GHz
|3 GB||1280x1024||Windows 7|
|Recommended PC/PG hardware 64-bit operating system||Core i5, 2.4 GHz
|8 GB||1280x1024||Windows 7|
Compatibility with other SIMATIC products
- STEP 7 Professional / Basic V12 work together with WinCC V12 and Startdrive V12 (Installation rules: STEP 7 V12 has to be installed before Startdrive V12) in a framework.
- STEP 7 Professional / Basic V12 (incl. WinCC Basic V12) can be installed on one computer in parallel with other versions of STEP 7 V11, V5.4 or V5.5, STEP 7 Micro/WIN, WinCC flexible (2008 and higher) and WinCC (V7.0 SP2 and higher).
- The following virus scanning software have been tested with STEP 7 V12:
- Trend Micro Officescan 10.6
- McAffee Virusscan Enterprise 8.8
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1
The products with their order numbers are listed in the referenced file below.
STEP_7_V12_Orderlist ( 47 KB )
The Readme files referenced below contain additional information on STEP 7 V12. They are available in portable document format (.pdf):
The STEP 7 V11 products will be declared phased-out products when V12 is released for delivery, but will remain available for ordering.
The following information material is available for sales support:
Online Support - Technical informationen TIA-Portal