System Diagnostics with S7-1500 and TIA Portal
In the automation technology, diagnostics of devices, modules and networks are gaining importance. Diagnostics over the whole system can minimize downtimes. The automation task consists of monitoring a PROFINET IO peripheral system with various network components. The possibility of an individual diagnosis of the components and a detailed diagnosis of the complete system should be guaranteed. The priority is on the collection and display of the diagnostic information.
The figure below provides an overview of the automation task.
The system diagnostics are integrated in the firmware of the CPU S7-1500 and work independently from cyclic user programs. Therefore it is also available in the CPU operating mode STOP. Any faults are detected immediately and reported to the higher-level HMI device, the web server, the display of the CPU S7-1500, the LED displays in the module concerned and in the TIA Portal even in the operating mode STOP. Therefore, the system diagnostics are always synchronous with the actual system status.
This application describes:
- the various display possibilities of the System Diagnostics
- how you can configure the System Diagnostics quickly and easily, using a few examples
- the System Diagnostics with the user program.
The following picture shows the most important components of the solution with an S7-1500.
- The device detects a fault and sends diagnostic data to the assigned CPU.
- The CPU informs the connected display media. The display of the system diagnostics is refreshed.
- Integrated System Diagnostics
The integrated System Diagnostics ensure full transparency of the system status. The system diagnostics are generated automatically.
- Uniform display concept
The system diagnostics information is displayed as a uniform clear text information in the CPU display, TIA Portal, HMI and the web server itself for messages of the drives.
- Channel granular display concept
In case of failure, the respective channel can be detected and classified quickly.
- Reduced downtimes and increased system availability thanks to an exact visual allocation in case of failures.
- Efficient failure analysis due to a uniform display concept.
- Servicing possible without a current project, due to a complete project upload including symbols.
|Content of Downloads||
STEP 7 V12 Project
The functions and solutions described in this article confine themselves to the realization of the automation task predominantly. Please take into account furthermore that corresponding protective measures have to be taken up in the context of Industrial Security when connecting your equipment to other parts of the plant, the enterprise network or the Internet. Further information can be found under the Entry-ID 50203404.