MC Encoder PROFINET, Firmware upgrade to A2
On the MC Encoder PROFINET, the firmware can be upgraded to version A2. The configuration behavior during startup has improved, the time behavior in isochronous operation has been optimized and the permissible tolerance of the velocity precision has been reduced. Also, on the single-turn encoder, the velocity value can be electrically output up to max. 5800 rpm.
What behavior has been remedied with the firmware upgrade to version A2?
Which files are required for the firmware upgrade to version A2?
How can I perform the firmware upgrade?
The following has been remedied with the firmware upgrade from A1 to A2:
- Dead time (Ti offset) in isochronous operation (PROFINET-IRT) has been installed.
- In non-isochronous operation (PROFINET RT), the velocity precision has been improved to less than +/- 1%.
- The velocity value can be electrically output up to max. 5800 rpm on the single-turn encoder.
The following files are required for the firmware upgrade:
"Upgrade for MC-Encoder A2.zip" containing:
- Firmware upgrade for MC-Encoder.pdf
The firmware upgrade is performed as follows:
- Install the GSDML file in the HW Config of the SIMATIC project.
- Follow the instructions given in the PDF "Firmware upgrade for MC-Encoder.pdf."
Upgrade_for_MC_Encoder_A2.zip ( 1550 KB )
Note: Software is subject to export restrictions, download for registered users only