What should you watch out for when using the RT Client or RC Client license in WinCC V7?
Note the following before installing WinCC V7 RT Client/RC Client Licenses:
When WinCC Client is installed Microsoft SQL Server Express is installed automatically at the same time. Therefore with a Client license only the Microsoft SQL Server Express can be used. In the case of a standard installation of WinCC (single station, for example) the Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition is installed, which is not licensed with the WinCC Client license. Instead, you need a WinCC RT and/or RC license to use the Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition.
This has the following consequences:
- If an SQL Server Standard Edition as included in the standard installation of WinCC is already installed on the Client computer, a license message is displayed.
- In order to use the WinCC Client licenses you select the user-defined installation. Then select the "WinCC Client" version.
- You need an RC Client license to configure on a client. This license is valid for clients with and without a project.
- Unlike other licenses, the WinCC Client licenses cannot be upgraded with power packs.
- The "WinCC Upgrade RT and RC Client" licenses convert the "RC128", "RT128" or WinCC Client license from a previous version into a WinCC Client license of the new version.
If you want to upgrade from RT/RC 128 to RT/RC Client, please make sure that Microsoft SQL Server Express is installed on the computer.