Printing S5 documents under Windows and using the CP5x11 interface with STEP 5
- Printing S5 documents under Windows
Using the S5PRINT.EXE program makes it possible to print out STEP 5 documents on printers that are set up under Windows.
- Using the CP5x11 interface with STEP 5
This description explains how to use the PCI slot card CP5611, the PCMCIA card CP5511 and the on-board interface (CP5611 or MPI ISA) in SIMATIC PGs as L2 interface for STEP 5.
Details on printing S5 documents under Windows
Runtime environment / requirements for S5Print:
- S5Print can run under Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.
- Requirement is that a local printer or a network printer is configured on the computer in the Windows operating system.
- To generate the file to be printed you need an executable STEP 5 version V7.12 or higher.
- S5Print appears only in English (regardless of the language version of Windows installed).
- The system functions called by S5Print such as "Printer Setup" or "Select File" appear in the language of the version of Windows installed.
Details on using the CP5x11 interface with STEP 5
Runtime environment / requirements for use:
- STEP 5 V7.1x
- Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000
- SIMATIC NET or MPI/DP for L2 functions
The S5Print software and the descriptions are available as a self-extracting file for downloading.
- Before implementing S5Print.exe please read the explanations given in the STEP5_Print_a.pdf ( 72 KB ) (German) or STEP5_Print_b.pdf ( 65 KB ) (English) file.
- WARNING: contrary to the description given in STEP5_Print_a.pdf ( 72 KB ) and STEP5_Print_b.pdf ( 65 KB ) , the requirement for using S5Print is at least STEP 5 version V7.12 or higher.
STEP5SP1.exe ( 686 KB )