How do you restore defective license keys and authorizations?
Before contacting the Technical Support for license keysand authorizations, make sure that you have the following information at hand:
- Article number (see the Certificate of License or data medium designation)
- Photo or scan of the Certificate of Licenseor of the original data of the lost License Key
Proceed as follows if you want to send a request to the Technical Support:
- To go to the Technical Support page click the link Support Request.
- In the "mySupport Links and Tools" click the "Support Request" tile.
To be able to use this function you have to log in or register beforehand.
- In the "Support Request" dialog you click the "New Request" button.
- For the preselection of our product lines and products for licensing issues, click "Licensing / Authorization".
- Under "Authorization" you select the "License Key" product and click "Next".
- Fill in the mandatory fields (marked with "*"), explain the details of your request in the "Details" field and click "Next" until your request is sent.
To avoid unnecessary waiting times for you and Technical Support we recommend that you download the repair request form (see Download), fill it in and attach it to your Support Request. For this you use the link under "Details and attachments" and load the filled-in form as Zip file in the Support Request.
The Support Request has now been made and you will be contacted by a Technical Support expert.
It might be possible to repair a defective license key or defective authorization. To restore defective license keys and defective authorizations use the respective menu commands:
- "License Key > Restore Wizard..." in the ALM (Automation License Manager)
- "Authorization > Restore" in AuthorsW
It is only possible to use this function in agreement with Technical Support. Normally you do not need this function.
You will be in contact over the phone with the licensing hotline during the entire recovery procedure.
Copy the PDF file into a separate directory. Then you can open and process the PDF document.
772175_authrep_en.pdf (15,5 KB)
More information about the authorization and licensing programs are available in Entry ID: 114358.
The screens in this FAQ response were created with the Internet Explorer 11.
|Europe/Africa||+49 (0) 911 895 7222|| Support Request|
+ 1 800333-7421
|Asia/Australia||+86 10 64 email@example.com|
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry