Simulation with SIMIT and SIMATIC PCS 7 using a practical example
Individuality and high availability play an increasingly important role in plant realization. Project realization phases are therefore often tedious and cost intensive. One reason for this is that engineering works often reach well into the operating phase of the plant. The thus resulting costs can, among other things, be traced back to a missing validation of the automation software.
SIMIT as central software with graphic user interface, makes it possible to create simulations (without real hardware) in order to test automation software. SIMIT can therefore lead to saving costs and increasing the quality in automation projects. Due to its wide range, SIMIT assists you in every phase of the project. Possible sources of error can therefore be detected at an early stage and can be cost efficiently removed. Faults can be simulated without any risk for humans or machines.
Advantages of the simulation platform at a glance
- Developing and testing the automation software before commissioning
- Emulation of signal, device and process level
- Graphical user interface for an easy useage
- High quality assurance
- Increasing cost efficiency
- Using as operator training system
Core contents of this application example
Simulation with SIMIT and PCS 7 using a practical example
- pre-build simulation for PCS 7 example project of a filling unit
- guidline for creation of the simulation project
- process simulation with FLOWNET and Standard Library
- simulation of a conveyor system with the CONTEC Library
- scriting and snapshots
- documentation and example project
- PCS 7 V8.1 SP1 with SIMIT Simulation Framework V8.1
- PCS 7 V8.1 with SIMIT Simulation Framework V8.1
- PCS 7 V8.0 SP1 with SIMIT Simulation Framework V7.1
- The procedure is valid for higher versions of SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMIT.
Documentation and example project "Simulation with SIMIT and PCS 7 a using practical example"
Documentation "Simulation with SIMIT and PCS 7 using a practical example" (2,6 MB)
PCS 7 example project archive "BottlingPlant" for PCS 7 V8.1 SP1 (149,2 MB)
SIMIT example project archive "BottlingPlant" for SIMIT V8.1 (2,1 MB)
SIMIT Simulation - Overview
Application example: First steps with SIMIT Simulation and SIMATIC PCS 7
Application example: Simulation of a PCS 7 stirred tank reactor with SIMIT Simulation Framework
Operating manual SIMIT V8.1
Multimedia demonstration SIMIT Simulation Framework (Video)
SIMIT Virtual Controller (VC) - User Manual
SiL, Software in the Loop, HiL, Hardware in the Loop, Emulation