Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 775131, Entry date: 06/19/2002
Configuring the time synchronization for WinCC clients (WinCC Version < V6.0)
How do you configure time synchronization for WinCC clients.
- Server-client project with non-redundant servers
The clients are synchronized over the system time of the servers. The requirement here is that the computers are in the same network. Configuring the time synchronization is done in four steps:
- Install the "DCF77Client" tool on all clients that are to be synchronized.
This software is on the WinCC CD (V4.02 and higher) under "Smart Tools > DCF77Client".
- After installation start the tool via "Start > Settings > Control Panel > DCF77".
- In the "Connection" field you must enter the server computer (time master).
- In the Control Panel you must start the "DCF77 receive time signal service" service via the "Services" icon.
Make sure that the same time zone is set on both computers.
- Server-client project with redundant servers
Depending on how you have done the time synchronization between the two servers (see Entry ID 622814), you have two options:
- A separate DCF77 receiver (hardware) is used on the client. This option can however only be used when each of the redundant servers also has a DCF77 receiver (hardware).
- The time is provided as a project-wide variable on each server. This can then be read out by the client.
GMP, Pharma, Life Science, Validation, FDA 21 CFR Part 11
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 775131
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry