Entry type: Application example Entry ID: 78649994, Entry date: 03/15/2018
SIMATIC PCS 7 in the edible oil industry (demo project)
The SIMATIC PCS 7 process control system automates and optimizes all edible oil processes. These processes start with the oil mill and then the oil is refined and afterwards processed into a specialty fat. It also enables monitoring of the entire process using flexible operating and observation systems.
The demo project gives you an insight about the use of PCS 7 in the edible oil industry:
- Displaying, storing and analyzing of energy consumption data
- Condition monitoring and maintenance scheduling e.g. of centrifugal pumps and separators
- Utilization of Advanced Process Control (APC) e.g. for the controlling of a desolventizer toaster
- Indication of the plant state with KPI's
Core contents of the description
- Description of the demo project
- Installation and startup
- Operation of the OS runtime based on scenarios
Demo project for PCS 7 V9.0
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0
- SIMATIC PCS 7 APF V2.1
- SIMATIC POWERRATE V4.0 SP3
- SIMATIC PCS 7 PowerControl V8.2
- SIMATIC PCS 7 Condition Monitoring Library V8.2
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.0 SP2
- SIMATIC PCS 7 APF V1.4 SP2 Upd1
- SIMATIC POWERRATE V4.0 SP2 Upd1
- SIMATIC PCS 7 PowerControl V8.0 SP3
- SIMATIC PCS 7 Condition Monitoring Library V8.0
Food & Beverage, F&B
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.