Closed-Loop Control of Simulated Controlled Systems in the S7-1500 with PID_Compact V2
Influencing technical variables in systems requires controlling these variables. In automation technology, controllers are used in many different ways, for example for temperature control in processes. In this example, the automation task is to set up a control loop for influencing simulated physical parameters in a technical process.
The control loop is to consist of the following elements:
- “PID_Compact” V2.x as the controller used as a basis.
- Technical processes simulated in the S7 CPU as the controlled system.
To demonstrate the application task, a closed-loop control system is implemented by the S7-1500 with the aid of the “PID_Compact” block and the “LSim” simulation library. The PC station is used for visualizing the control loops, the PG is used for configuring.
This application provides the following advantages:
- Step-by-step description for first commissioning of a “PID_Compact” controller
- Quick way to get started handling the functions of “PID_Compact”
- Saves time and costs by simulating controlled systems with the aid of the “LSim” controlled system library
Documentation: “Library for Controlled System Simulation with STEP 7 V14 (TIA Portal)” (1,5 MB)
STEP 7 V14 (TIA Portal) “LSim” Block Library (501,6 KB)
Documentation: “Closed-Loop Control with PID_Compact V2.3” (1,9 MB)
TIA Portal V14 Sample Project “S7-1500 with PID_Compact V2.3” (1,4 MB)
Documentation: “Library for Controlled System Simulation with STEP 7 V13 SP1 (TIA Portal)” (1,5 MB)
STEP 7 V13 SP1 (TIA Portal) “LSim” Block Library (1,1 MB)
Documentation: “Closed-Loop Control with PID_Compact V2.2” (1,9 MB)
TIA Portal V13 SP1 Sample Project “S7-1500 with PID_Compact V2.2” (7,3 MB)
Function Manual: “SIMATIC S7-1200/S7-1500 PID Control”
Application Example: “Single and Multi Loop Controller Structures (Cascade Control) with PID_Temp”
Application Example: “3-Point Stepper Control with SIMATIC S7-1500”
Application Example: “PID Control with PID_Compact (S7-1200)”
Application example "Multi-Zone Control with PID_Temp for SIMATIC S7-1200/S7-1500"
- Optimizing of library block "LSim_Lagging"
- Adding library block "LSim_Multizone" for STEP 7 V14
- Update to “PID_Compact” V2.3 (TIA V14)