Which SNMP requests can the S7-1500 CPUs and S7-1200 CPUs receive and reply to?
Information about the properties of SNMP-compatible devices is available in the so-called MIB files (Management Information Base). The S7-1500 CPUs und S7-1200 CPUs reply to the SNMP tags of the following MIBs:
- MIB II, standardized in RFC 1213
- LLDP-MIB, standardized in IEEE 802.1AB
- LLDP-EXT_PNIO-MIB, standardized in IEC 61158-6-10
- LLDP-EXT-DOT1-MIB, standardized in IEEE 802.1AB
- LLDP-EXT-DOT3-MIB, standardized in IEEE 802.1AB
- MRP-MIB (only Monitoring), standardized in IEC 62439-2
- The S7-1500 CPUs und S7-1200 CPUs do not have private MIBs.
The S7-1500 CPUs and S7-1200 CPUs cannot access the SNMP tags of other devices, because they cannot send or request SNMP commands. They can receive and reply to SNMP requests.
Only the SNMP tags sysName, sysContact and sysLocation can be written in MIB II. All other SNMP tags can only be read.
A sample application for monitoring and controlling network components with an S7 PN CPU as SNMP Manager is available in Entry ID 57249109.