In STEP 7 (TIA Portal), how do you format an MMC or MC and why does a message appear saying that the SDB 7 is not loaded?
Micro memory cards (MMC) or memory cards (MC) are used in TIA Portal projects with an S7-300/S7-400 CPU. We describe the following topics in this entry.
- Formatting a Micro Memory Card or Memory Card with a USB Prommer
- Message: Cannot load SDB 7 for S7-300
You must execute the following steps to format a micro memory card or memory card in TIA Portal using an external USB prommer.
|1||The prommer must be connected to the programming device by USB.|
|2||Check which interface is forwarded to STEP 7 (go to "Control Panel" of the Windows operating system and then "Parameterize Memory Card").
The "External prommer" options must be enabled here (At the connection: USB).
|3||Now it is possible to delete the MMC or MC with the menu (if everything has been set correctly).
If the setting has not been made as in Fig. 1, you get the message shown below.
|4||Confirm the next dialog field with "Yes".
|5||Once the procedure has been completed successfully, the following lines are entered in the "General" tab of the inspector window.
Message: Cannot load SDB 7 for S7-300
Below are reasons why you get the messages indicating that block SDB 7 cannot be loaded or that the block/OS update is too big when downloading with STEP 7 V5.x or STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
- No MMC. Slot an MMC that has sufficient capacity into the CPU.
- MMC is defective. Replace the existing MMC with a new MMC.
- CPU is defective and MMC is not recognized. You should consider this last possibility only if you have already replaced the MMC with a new one.
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V12.