What should you watch out for when setting up and configuring an ET 200SP with an AI Energy Meter?
In the manual of the ET 200SP IO system it is noted that the first Base Unit (BU) must always be a light Base Unit for providing the L+ power supply.
The AI Energy Meter module may only be used with dark BUs (for use with BU type D0) and must therefore not be slotted in the first slot after the interface module. The first permissible place for the Energy Meter module is slot two.
With firmware V3.0 and higher of interface module IM 155-6 PN you can slot the AI Energy Meter module in the first slot after the interface module.
Follow the instructions below to configure an ET 200SP with an AI Energy Meter. The screenshots were created for PROFINET but are also valid for the PROFIBUS module.
- In the Hardware Catalog, find the ET 200SP IO system you are using.
- Insert the module in your project and assign it to the PROFINET controller (S7-300 CPU in the screenshot).
- Open the Device View of the ET 200SP and for PROFINET leave slot 1 free or slot a module that can be used for slot 1. For PROFIBUS you configure the "BU Cover" module on slot 1 or a different module that can be used for slot 1. In the real hardware configuration there must likewise be an empty Base Unit slotted in slot 1. Of course, you may use the first slot for a different module.
If the AI Energy Meter module is not listed in the hardware catalog as a module of the ET 200SP, then the current HSP for STEP 7 V12 is available in Entry ID 72341852and for STEP 7 V5.5 in Entry ID 23183356.
- In accordance with the maximum IO data of the ET 200SP interface module you slot the AI Energy Meter you are using in slot 2 onwards. Terminate the configuration with a server module.
Depending on the interface module, you can slot the following maximum numbers of AI Energy Meters.
IM155-6PN ST: maximum 8 Energy Meters
IM155-6PN HF: maximum 42 Energy Meters
IM155-6DP HF: maximum 7 Energy Meters
Under "Properties" you set the parameters of the AI Energy Meter according to your requirements.
The ET 200SP distributed IO system can also be configured and used likewise in STEP 7 V5.5 SP3.
Detailed information about the AI Energy Meter module is available in the following manuals and FAQ responses.
- Manual: SIMATIC ET 200SP Analog Input Module AI Energy Meter 400VAC ST
- Manual: SIMATIC ET 200SP Analog Input Module AI Energy Meter 480VAC ST
- FAQ: How do you determine the current measuring value from the IO data of the energy meter?
- FAQ: How can you read out all the measured values of the Energy Meter at once?
- FAQ: How do you reset the Energy Meter?
- FAQ: How do you select a current transformer for the ET 200SP Energy Meter and how do you connect it to the module?
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 V12 SP1.