SIMATIC PCS 7 Advanced Process Functions (Video)
For the automation of a plant, in many industries there is the additional requirement to collect, process and archive business and process data. This includes, for example, the administration of orders, storage locations and materials, and the back up to an archive server.
APF is based on an engineering tool that enables project engineers to generate function blocks, user archives and visualization objects. The integration of these elements into the SIMATIC PCS 7 project enables the realization of customer-specific automation tasks that include the following:
- Evaluating material parameters at the automation level
- Posting of materials: removal of raw materials from storage locations and delivery of processed materials to storage locations
- Locating available materials and their storage locations
- Parameter, job and archiving management
The function blocks are connected to user archives so that the master data can be maintained and results data can be archived and evaluated in the PCS 7 operator station (OS).
APF can be used in various industries, which include:
- Chemical industry - especially in specialty and fine chemicals
- Food and beverage industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
The following videos illustrate properties and selected functions of the SIMATIC PCS 7 APF based on the following topics:
E-Learning, Tutorial, Teaser, Webcast, multimedia demonstration system, Film, Screencast, media system