Library for IO-Link (LIOLink)
Systematic diagnostics concepts and the efficient handling of parameter data are demanded at all levels of automation engineering. Therefore, it is essential that sensors and switching devices are integrated into the automation network.
The IO-Link communication standard allows for new possibilities thanks to the intelligent linking of sensors and switching devices to the controller level. Core aspects are switching, protection and monitoring on the field level.
The IO-Link system consists of an IO-Link master and one or more IO-Link devices (sensors or actuators). The IO-Link master serves as an interface to the higher-level controller; it controls communication with the connected IO-Link devices.
This library provides blocks and PLC data types to facilitate communication between the SIMATIC controller and the IO-Link master or IO-Link device.
Range of functions
The blocks in this library are subdivided into three groups:
- General-use base blocks for communicating with the SIMATIC IO-Link master and any IO-Link devices.
- Device-specific blocks each simplify communication with a specific IO-Link device respectively, thanks to a custom-tailored interface and predefined PLC data types. These blocks are based on the base blocks.
- Profile blocks simplify communication with a device via a specific IO-Link profile. These blocks are based on the base blocks.
This library is available for TIA Portal V16 and higher.
All blocks in the library are available for SIMATIC S7-1200/1500 controllers and, in large part, also for SIMATIC S7-300/400 controllers.
- Completely revised blocks in accordance with programming style guide for S7-1200/1500 and PLCopen
- Merged FBs for STEP 7 Basic and STEP 7 Professional
- Merged FBs "IO_LINK_MASTER_4" and "IO_LINK_MASTER_8"
- Integrated device-specific blocks from article 90529409
- Integrated profile blocks from article 109766016
- Added FB for SIRIUS 3RS2 devices
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry