Delivery Release for SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13
Intuitive, efficient and future-proof - the engineering software to program the new, innovative S7 controllers
The TIA Portal software SIMATIC STEP 7 V13 Professional / Basic convinces with many new engineering functions and supports the expanded portfolios of S7-1500 and S7-1200.
- STEP 7 Basic V13 is the engineering system for S7-1200 and succeeds STEP 7 Basic V12.
- STEP 7 Professional V13 is the engineering system for all SIMATIC controller classes (S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC) and succeeds STEP 7 Professional V12.
SIMATIC STEP 7 V13 is herewith released for delivery.
More information on the sales releases of the TIA Portal software SIMATIC WinCC V13 and Startdrive V13 is provided in the following bulletins:
Highlights of SIMATIC STEP 7 V13
- Support of the expanded portfolios of SIMATIC S7-1500 (88282950) and S7-1200 controllers
- Team engineering - several persons can work simultaneously on one task
- Consistent further development of programming language elements (LAD, FBD, STL, SCL and Graph)
- Upload of the HW configuration and the user program including actual values for service purposes
- Automatic search for software updates
- Many usability enhancements for efficient engineering
Support of the expanded portfolios of SIMATIC S7-1500 and S7-1200 controllers
Together with SIMATIC STEP 7 V13, the portfolio of SIMATIC S7-1500 will be expanded with two new controllers to fulfill even the highest performance requirements. Furthermore, the complete controller famliy will be provided with a new firmware (88613339) which convinces with many new functions.
Apart from the S7-1500, the portfolio of S7-1200 controllers will also be expanded.
Team engineering - several persons can work simultaneously on one task
Especially during the engineering phase of automation tasks several persons may have to work simultaneously on one project. With the TIA Portal V13 and the PLC-Proxy function, control and visualization tasks can be developed in parallel. Using a PLC Proxy, the data to be visualized can be taken over from a STEP 7 (TIA Portal) or STEP 7 V5.4 SP3 project into the visualization project in WinCC V13, in order to configure the panel in parallel. In addition, the STEP 7 V13 engineering and the S7-1500 FW1.5 support the commisioning by means of online functions which can be used by several persons simultaneously. In this way up to five users can monitor and control in parallel.
Consistent further development of programming language elements (LAD, FBD, STL, SCL and Graph)
The data type VARIANT expands the list of data types with a pointer for type information, which, amongst other things, is suitable for the standardization of functions. Instructions for the data type VARIANT enable an evaluation of the type information and thus differentiated processing of the transferred variable.
The so-called Reflexion Instructions can be used to read program information during runtime, e.g. to generate own error messages concerning block, instance or parameter. In addition to the new instructions the S7-1500 controller family supports the new 64-bit data types WChar/WString. Local constants for all editors further round off the new version V13.
Upload of the HW configuration and the user program including actual values for service purposes
The upload feature with SIMATIC STEP 7 V13 enables working on systems with SIMATIC controllers without having the respective project available on the programming device. This means that a configured controller (S7-300/S7-400, S7-1200 from V4 and S7-1500) can be uploaded as new station into the engineering project complete with hardware configuration, user program and the associated actual values.
Automatic search for software updates
The TIA-Portal V13 enables users to check whether new updates or support packages are available for the installed software. They can then be downloaded and installed, if required.
Many usability enhancements for efficient engineering
- Detailed comparison of S7-GRAPH blocks
- Automatic setting of network titels
- Hierarchical comment representation
- Auto numbering of blocks after a compile
- Expansion of the block versioning of optimized blocks from 15.15 to 99.99
- Comment lines in the monitoring table
- Quick IP address assignment directly on the device (deactivation in the ES for the pre-loading of series machines)
- Representation of the system constants for each device in the hardware configuration
- Interfaces in the list of online accesses can be shown or hidden
- Parameter representation for technology objects
- User-defined documentation
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V13 is the easy to use, universal engineering system for the SIMATIC controllers S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC and ET 200 CPUs.
PLCSIM is for the simulation of the S7-1500 CPUs, SIMATIC WinCC Basic for the configuration of the Basic Panels and SINAMICS Startdrive for the configuration of drives are included in the scope of delivery. In addition, the option packages Easy Motion Control and PID Professional are integrated in STEP 7 as trial versions.
SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V13 is the easy to use engineering system for the modular SIMATIC S7-1200 micro PLC and the associated I/Os. It includes SIMATIC WinCC Basic for the configuration of the SIMATIC Basic Panels.
STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 have been released for use under the following operating systems (64-Bit, Windows 7 also 32-Bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (STEP 7 Basic only)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (STEP 7 Basic only)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 StdE SP1 (STEP 7 Professional only)
- Microsoft Server 2012 R2 StdE
- Microsoft Windows XP won't be supported
|Recommended PC/PG hardware|| Intel® Core™ i5-3320M 3.3 GHz
|1920 x 1080||
Compatibility with other products
- STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 work together with WinCC V13 and Startdrive V13 in one framework.
- STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 (incl. WinCC Basic V13) can be installed on one omputer in parallel with other versions of STEP 7 V11, V12, V5.4 or V5.5, STEP 7 Micro/WIN, WinCC flexible (2008 and higher) and WinCC (V7.0 SP2 and higher).
- Supported virtualization platforms
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 5.5
- VMware Workstation 10
- VMware Player 6.0
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- The following virus scanners have been tested with STEP 7 V13:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
- Trend Micro Office Scan Corporate Edition 10.6
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014
- Windows Defender (Windows 8.1 and higher)
The products and their Article No.'s (Order No.'s) are listed in the following file:
STEP_7_V13_Orderlist (51 KB) ( 50 KB )
SUS as Download
All automation software updates right on the release day, all at once, all globally available - wherever you may be! Switch to Software Update Service (SUS) as Download now.
The Readme files referenced below contain additional information on STEP 7 V13 Basic/Professional.
They are available in portable document format (.pdf):
SIMATIC STEP 7 V12 products will be declared phased-out products when V13 is released for delivery but will remain available for ordering.
Online Support - Technical information TIA Portal
Programming Guidelines for S7-1200 / S7-1500
|Comparison list for programming languages||ID: 86630375|
|Flyer - SUS as Download||Flyer (1447 KB) ( 1447 KB )|
|User-defined documentation||Function Manual (392 KB) ( 392 KB )|