Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 85014617, Entry date: 08/01/2018
How do you replace a CPU 41x with the CPU 410-5H Process Automation?
This entry provides comprehensive documentation on making the change from a CPU 41x to a CPU 410-5H. It also includes basic information about updating/upgrading the PCS 7 software plus the Hardware Upgrade Package "HUP CPU410-5H".
To configure the CPU 410-5H you need one of the two options below:
- PCS 7 V8.0 SP1 with the Hardware Upgrade Package "HUP CPU410-5H"
You should refer to the entries listed below for this:
Content Entry ID Information and brief instructions for updating/upgrading the PCS 7 software 39980937 Hardware Upgrade Package "HUP CPU410-5H" 68627630
- PCS 7 V8.0 SP1 Upd1 or higher
Follow the instructions in the PDF document for the configuration.
- It is not possible to make the conversion when the CPU is running.
- You have to reload all the systems connected to the CPU (controllers, servers, ...).
- When you convert the system, the CPU-relevant messages are lost.
- It might be necessary to reconfigure AS-AS, AS-OS, AS-BATCH and AS-RC communications, in particular when changing from CP443-1 to the internal interface of the CPU.
- In order to retain the data consistency you should delete old system blocks and regenerate them by compiling the HW Config.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry