S7-1200: Faceplate for Editing the "Command Table"
The SIMATIC S7-1200 CPU combines the functionality of a programmable logic controller with the Motion Control functionality for operating stepper and servo motors with pulse interface.
- In TIA Portal, you configure the "Axis" and "Command table" technology objects. Using these technology objects, the S7-1200 CPU controls the pulse and direction outputs which control the drives.
- In the user program you control the axis with Motion Control instructions and thus initiate motion commands of your drive.
Axis commands for technology object "Axis" can be saved as motion sequences in a table via the technology object “Command table” and be executed in the S7-1200 CPU. In TIA Portal, the command table of the technology object can be filled with up to 32 commands. These motion commands can be executed in the S7-1200 CPU via technology function “MC_CommandTable”. The command table itself is stored in the control program of the S7-1200 CPU as technology data block. The command table can also be accessed via this data block during the runtime of the user program, and it can even be changed prior to the execution via technology function “MC_CommandTable”.
The quick and simple access to the “Command table” technology object of the HMI is, in this example, realized for the S7-1200 CPU with a faceplate and a respective function block. Here, the faceplate is the interface to the operator via the HMI. The respective function block realizes the actual access to the “Command table” technology object in the S7-1200 CPU.
The solution presented here has the following advantages for the user:
- Time and cost saving by means of prefabricated HMI elements and function blocks.
- Simple integration of the functionality into self-realized HMI user interfaces.
- Provision of the complete functionality for processing a command table during runtime of the user program via the HMI user interface.
|Content of Downloads||
Complete description of the integration and use of the faceplate in individual automation projects.
Faceplate as global TIA Portal library for transfer to individual automation projects.
TIA Portal, faceplate