In STEP 7 V12 SP1 (TIA Portal), how do you set the PROFINET update time of an IO device and where do you find an overview of the update times of all the PROFINET nodes?
This entry describes the steps to be taken in STEP 7 V12 SP1 (TIA Portal) to set the update time of a PROFINET node. This FAQ response also shows where to find a general overview of the update times of all the PROFINET nodes in an IO system.
Below is a description of how to proceed.
- Open a project in the TIA Portal and switch to Project View.
- Open "Devices and networks.
- Select the PROFINET interface of an IO device.
- In the inspector window you go to the "Properties" of the PROFINET interface and navigate to "General > Advanced options > Real time settings > IO cycle".
- Change the IO cycle to "Can be set" and select the required update time.
Manual settings are useful, for example, when using IWLAN communication. Otherwise it is preferable to use automatic calculation.
- You obtain a general overview of the update times of all the PROFINET nodes by going to the Network view and selecting the green line of the Ethernet subnet (PN/IE).
- In the table area of the Network view you switch to the "I/O communication" tab. The table shows all the devices connected in the Ethernet subnet. In the "Update time [ms]" column you can view and change the update times for all the PROFINET nodes.
You can only change the update time of an IO device if the update time of the module is configured as "Can be set".
Detailed information about STEP 7 Professional V12 SP1 Upd2 (TIA Portal) is available in Entry ID 77991795.
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP Professional V12 SP1 Upd2 (TIA Portal).
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry