How can you incorporate ActiveX elements in the WinCC Graphics Designer into the existing library and register them?
You have generated an ActiveX element yourself or you have an element from another manufacturer and you want to integrate this element into an existing library. Proceed as follows to do this.
- Open the WinCC Explorer.
- Mark and right-click the Graphics Designer.
- Select the "Select ActiveX" function.
- Select your new ActiveX element via the "Register OCX…" button.
- Set a red check mark for your element.
- Close the dialog box with "OK".
Your ActiveX element is now registered and can be used for your PC applications (e.g. MS Excel) and also in WinCC.
You can also use the same procedure to unregister the elements.
It is not necessary to edit the registration database if you use this procedure. All the entries and deletions are done automatically.
See also Entry ID 32433778 if you have problems opening registered OCXs/ActiveX objects.
You must do the registration on all PCs (WinCC Servers, WinCC Clients and WinCC Web Clients) on which the controls are to be displayed.
Faceplate, IndustrialX, Integration
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry