New Firmware Version V1.5 for SIMATIC S7-1500 CPUs
The new CPU firmware V1.5 for the SIMATIC S7-1500 controllers implements functional enhancements as well as new mechanisms for option handling (reconfiguration of a PLC via the user program).
Existing SIMATIC S7-1500 controllers in the field can be updated to the new CPU firmware V1.5 without any restrictions. The necessary update files plus a description of the procedure for the firmware update are provided on our Service&Support pages.
|CPU Type||Article Number||Necessary STEP 7 Version
for FW V1.5
|CPU 1511-1 PN||6ES7 511-1AK00-0AB0||STEP 7 Professional V13||78301349|
|CPU 1513-1 PN||6ES7 513-1AL00-0AB0||STEP 7 Professional V13||78065246|
|CPU 1516-3 PN/DP||6ES7 516-3AN00-0AB0||STEP 7 Professional V13||78066881|
|Display Type||Article Number||FW-Download|
|Display for CPU 1511-1 PN and CPU 1513-1 PN||6ES7 591-1AA00-0AA0||78301954|
|Display for CPU 1516-3 PN/DP||6ES7 591-1BA00-0AA0||78300948|
A description on how to update the firmware is provided at entry ID 77492231
Compatibility between CPU firmware and display firmware:
A CPU with firmware version V1.0 or V1.1 can be run together with a display with firmware version V1.5, and a CPU with firmware version V1.5 can be run together with a display with firmware version V1.0 or V1.1.
New features of the CPUs with firmware V1.5:
- Option handling (reconfiguration of a PLC via the user program) also possible for centrally locted I/Os
- Shared I-Device for up to four higher-level controllers
- PROFINET V2.3 conformity
- Diagnostic information of connected PROFINET stations will be indicated after a return of the station with the error message
- Data type WCHAR supported
- Data type WSTRING supported
- Expanded instructions:
JOIN: join several character strings into one character string with separators
SPLIT: converts a long source character string with separators into several separate character strings
GetSymbolName: Read the name of a tag on the input parameter
GetInstanceName, GetBlockName: Read the name of the instance or block during program runtime
- Function block RT_INFO for information on the runtimes of certain OBs, the communication or the user program.
- The IP-address of the integrated CPU interface is displayed on the starting screen,
- Additional overview page on displays with 3.45cm screen diagonal to indicate information such as IP-address of the integrated interface or the FW version.
- Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Portuguese and Korean added to the user interface languages of the displays
- A user-defined logo can be inserted on the display
- Automatic update for the diagnostic buffer and message indication on the display
- Change of the time zone setting on the display
- If write protection has been activated for the SIMATIC Memory Card this will be indicated on the display
- Reading access to configured force and variable tables
- The IP-addresses of the connected Ethernet CPs can be set via the display
- Display of the communication statistics on the web server
- Display of the available connection resources
- Reading access to configured monitoring tables in the web server
- Reading access to the variable status via the web server
- Printing from the web server
- Basic Pages for connected devices with a low resolution
Spare part replacement:
If a CPU with firmware V1.0 or V1.1 is replaced against a CPU with firmware V1.5, the STEP 7 project need not be changed. It is also not necessary to upgrade the STEP 7 software.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry