How do you disable the message "Please reboot before installing any more programs"?
The Microsoft Windows operating system has registered one or more write-protected files for deleting or renaming. This is the cause of the behavior described above and cannot be influenced by the relevant software.
If you get the error message described above after installing the software, although you have rebooted your PC, as a remedy we recommend the procedure below.
In general, no warranty can be given for direct changes made in the Registry because this is entirely the responsibility of the user. In any event, you are advised to make a backup of the Registry before undertaking the actions described here. Furthermore, these settings are computer-specific. This means that when you copy the project to another computer, you must make the settings again.
- Open the Registry Editor by simultaneously pressing the "[Windows] + [R]" buttons.
- Enter "regedit" in the input field and click OK.
- In the Registry Editor you navigate to the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager".
- Check whether the value name "PendingFileRenameOperations" is in the path.
- Delete "PendingFileRenameOperations" and then close the Registry editor.
- Then immediately start the program installation without prior restarting.
Note on installing S7 Technology
If, when you are installing S7 Technology, the same thing happens as described above, also check the entry in the following code in the Windows Registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce"
If, after a reboot, a value is entered here, delete it. Restart your computer and then try the installation again.
Note for HP Notebooks
If the instructions above do not help with HP Notebooks (NC6120, for example), we recommend updating the WLAN driver or removing the HP Wireless Wizard from the Registry.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry