What should you watch out for when downloading WinCC Runtime Professional from the Engineering Station to the Operator Station (Runtime PC)?
Make sure that the following conditions are met:
- The WinCC Runtime Professional used is compatible with the version of Windows being used.
Do this using the Compatibility Tool in Entry ID 64847781.
- Your computer fulfills the system requirements for WinCC RT Professional (see the manual, section 4.2 "General Software and Hardware Requirements", Entry ID: 109755202).
- The product has been installed without errors or warnings.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 is installed.
More information about this is available in Microsoft TechNet.
If installation of WinCC Professional fails nevertheless, copy the folder "...\sources\sxs" from your installation medium to the target computer and restart the installation from that copy.
- SIMATIC NET is installed on the OS.
- The same version of the software (including Service Pack) is installed on the ES and OS.
- The settings of the SIMATIC Security Controller have been set properly on the ES and the OS.
For this you open the Security Controller via "Start > All Programs > Siemens Automation > Security Controller".
The following points are assumed:
- The project has been compiled without errors or warnings.
- There is no project with the same name on the OS.
If so, delete the duplicate manually via the Windows Explorer.
- The configure computer name of the OS is identical to the actual computer name.
For this you open the Device Configuration of the PC station. Enter the computer name under "Properties > General".
- The computer name (see Fig. 01) must not contain lowercase letters nor certain special characters (like "?" and "*"). If you have set the option "Generate PROFINET device name automatically" in the configuration of the PROFINET interface, the source for the PROFINET device name is the entry in the "Name" field (not: "Computer name") in the Properties dialog of the PC. The name is then converted automatically according to the corresponding PROFINET rules (see Entry ID 109479552); this means that uppercase letters are replaced by lowercase letters, etc.
- The IP address of the IE interface configured in the project is identical to the IP address of the OS.
- The access point of the application is set correctly.
For this you open the application "Set PG/PC interface" in the Control Panel of the computer. In the "Access Path" tab you set the value "S7ONLINE" for the "Application access point" and under "Interface parameters used" you select the interface card via which you are connected with the PLC.
In the inspector window of the connection between RT and PLC, under "Operator panel" the option "Set automatically" must not be set.
Check the following conditions:
- The ping command to the IP address of the ES or OS is successful.
The network must be configured such that the ES and OS are either in the same subnet or can be reached via a router. More information on the topic of IP addresses and subnetting is available in Entry ID 2073614
- Check whether the ping command to the computer name of the ES and OS is successful.
If not, then you must configure the "Imhosts" file. For this you open the file with the text editor in this path: <Drive>\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\. Enter the data of the OS on the ES and the data of the ES on the OS using this syntax: "IP address Computer name #PRE".
In large networks you should also configure the "hosts" file from the same directory.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008: The network used is not "public".
Instead, set the network to "Home network" or "Work network" or "Private". For this you open the Network and Sharing Center via "Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center". Click "Home Group".
Click "What is a network location?".
Select a Home network or Work network.
- ES and OS are in the same workgroup or domain.
- The computer names of ES and OS are different.
- The network card you have chosen as terminal bus is first in the list of the network adapter.
To check this you open the Network and Sharing Center via "Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center". Click "Change adapter settings".
Press the "Alt" key to display the toolbar. Click "Advanced > Advanced Settings".
ES and OS can be reached via the SIMATIC Shell.
Windows user settings
The following must be fulfilled:
- The user logged on to the ES is also known on the OS. The user has the same user name and the same password.
- A password has been assigned.
- You have sufficient authorization for the target folder of the OS.
You can check this by attempting create a file in the target folder of the OS via the Windows Explorer of the ES.
To enable authorization you right-click the folder into which you want to load the project. Click "Properties". Switch to the "Sharing" tab. Click "Advanced Sharing...".
Enable the option field "Share this folder". Click "Permissions". Assign the appropriate user the "Full Control" permission.
- User administration:
- The user is a member of the "SIMATIC HMI" group on the OS and ES and has at least "standard user" status.
- If the ES and OS are in a domain, the domain account must be entered in the "SIMATIC HMI" group on both computers.
- The "SIMATIC HMI" is a local group.
You check this by clicking "Start". Right-click "Computer" and then click "Manage".
Click "Local Users and Groups" and then double-click "Users". Double-click the user you want to load. Switch to the "Member of" tab.
Use the "Add..." button to add user groups.
Check the following points on the ES and OS:
- The computer name has not been changed after installation of WinCC/SQL Server.
If it has, then you reinstall WinCC/SQL Server.
- The "SQL Server (WINCC)" service is in "Running" status.
You check this by starting the SQL Server Configuration Manager via "Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager". Click "SQL Server Services".
The WinCC Professional Manual (Entry ID: 109755202) provides more information on the following topic:
- Downloading Projects (see manual, section 15.2.5)
- Downloading Projects to an Operator Panel (see manual, section 188.8.131.52)
- Downloading Projects to a File System (see manual, section 184.108.40.206)
Errors, Operator panel, Panel PC