How do you incorporate the current version of your Industrial Ethernet switch SCALANCE X in TIA Portal via GSD?
Here you can always use the latest GSD even for earlier versions of the firmware. This entry describes the sources from which you can take the GSD and how to install the GSD in STEP 7 V15.
The following points are to be noted when you incorporate SCALANCE X in TIA Portal via GSD:
- The device can no longer be exchanged and has to be reconfigured for each change of firmware.
- If you incorporate the device in TIA Portal via GSD, it is not the complete configuration of the SCALANCE X that is available in TIA Portal.
GSD is not a replacement for an integration in the hardware catalog.
Download from the device
Proceed as follows to download GSD directly from your device:
- Open the Web Based Management and log on to the device.
- In the navigation area go to "System > Load & Save > HTTP".
- In the GSDML row you click the "Save" button.
- Now you can save the GSD locally on your PC.
Installation in TIA Portal V15
Proceed as follows to install the GSD in STEP 7 V15 and add your Industrial Ethernet switch SCALANCE X to the hardware catalog:
- Open TIA Portal in the Project View.
- Go to the menu "Options > Install general station description file (GSD)".
- Via "Source path" you select the folder in which the GSD is located. TIA Portal V15 recognizes the file automatically.
- Select the recognized file and click the "Install" button. TIA Portal V15 now installs the file.
- After successful installation, the hardware catalog is updated. Then you can incorporate the current devices in your project.
- The installed GSD is located in the hardware catalog under "Other field devices > PROFINET IO > Network Components".
The screens and downloads in this FAQ response were created with TIA Portal V15.
Firmware update, FW, GSD, File, Add