Why does the newly purchased battery pack not charge in the SIMATIC Field PG?
Heeft betrekking op product(en)
Case 1: The current BIOS version is not installed
The correct battery pack as a spare part for the Field PG M4, M5 or M6 is currently the Spare battery Li-ions 8.25Ah Field PG M6 and it requires a BIOS update on your Field PG. If you have ordered a new battery pack as spare part for your Field PG M4, M5 or M6, a SIMATIC Field PG M6 battery pack (6ES7798-0AA10-0XA0) will be delivered.
You can continue to order a new battery pack as spare part quoting one of the following article numbers.
- M4 battery pack: 6ES7798-0AA07-0XA0
- M5 battery pack: 6ES7798-0AA08-0XA0
You must first run a BIOS update on your Field PG before you can use the M6 battery pack in the Field PG M4, M5 or M6. The M6 battery pack will be recognized, but not charged without a BIOS update.
The required BIOS update for your Field PG is available for downloading in the following entrie id 109763408.
Case 2: Battery pack does not charge even with the latest BIOS version
Despite having installed the latest BIOS version it might still happen that a newly delivered battery back does not charge in the Field PGs M4, M5 and M6. On the Field PG, the display for the battery pack is green and the following message is displayed in the taskbar:
- "XX% available (plugged in, not charging)"
Due to transport regulations a new battery pack is only very slightly charged and is inactive. When you slot the battery pack into the Field PG, it has to be connected to a mains power supply to activate the battery pack. Proceed as in the following steps if the above-mentioned behavior occurs:
- Remove the battery pack from the Field PG.
- Unplug the mains connector from the Field PG.
- Wait for a moment (approx. 10 seconds).
- Slot the battery pack back into the Field PG.
- Reconnect the mains connector to the Field PG.
The battery pack LED on the Field PG lights green and changes to orange when the battery pack is recognized. If the battery pack still does not charge, repeat the procedure multiple times.
Battery pack, Spare part battery pack
- Heeft u een technische vraag / technisch probleem: neem contact op met de Technical Support
- U wilt in ons forum discussiëren en met andere gebruikers ervaringen uitwisselen
- U wilt CAx-gegevens creëren voor één of meerdere producten
- U wilt feedback geven op dit Bericht