Integration of Advanced Process Graphics in SIMATIC PCS 7
The main application of APG is the visualization of plant sections in overview displays as well as the display of the overall process status. APG offloads plant operators and ensures that, despite increasing complexity and the expansion of operator tasks, the plant operator's work becomes simpler and more efficient.
This application example describes the use of APG to improve process visualization using the "Polymerization Reactor" unit template as an example. Process pictures for Levels 1 and 2 of the topology and task-oriented plant hierarchy are created for this purpose.
- Level 1 process picture (Orientation and Navigation)
A process picture with a compressed representation of the main driving parameters is created for monitoring the process-related parameters of the overall system. This allows the overall context to be quickly detected and impressed as a pattern.
- Level 2 process picture (Operation and Monitoring)
A process picture is created for monitoring the process-related parameters of the reactor and also for operator control, which schematically represents the most important process values and control of the reactor. This representation has the advantage that large volumes of data can be combined to form a compressed and clear display of information.
One of the most important advantages of APG is that deviations from normal operation (working range) are easily detected due to the schematic representation before limiting values are breached or alarms are triggered. On the other hand, with technology-oriented visualization, recognition of the plant status is only possible as a result of the plant operator's know-how.
- Compact, simplified presentation in overview screens
- Efficient execution of operating tasks by means of situation and task-specific process views
- Focusing the attention for short reaction times
- Improvement of the process comprehension
Introduction to process visualization with Advanced Process Graphics
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0 SP1 with APG V9.0 SP1
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.1 with APG V8.1
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.0 with APG V8.0
Documentation for PCS 7 V9.0 SP1
Integration of Advanced Process Graphics in SIMATIC PCS 7 (5,8 MB)
Documentation for PCS 7 V8.1 and PCS 7 V8.0
Integration of Advanced Process Graphics in SIMATIC PCS 7 ( (5,3 MB)
PCS 7 sample project with APG
PCS 7 Unit Template "Polymerization Reactor" using the example of the chemical industry
APG product and ordering information
Update for SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0 SP1 with APG V9.0 SP1, new chapter for new APG-Function added
Visualization, OS runtime, E-Learning, Tutorial, Teaser, Webcast, Multimedia-based demonstration system, MMDS, Film, Screencast, video,
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry