RUGGEDCOM ROS Version 3.12.4
RUGGEDCOM ROS v3.12.4 is now available
Version 3.12.4 of the ROS® firmware, has been released today, February 18, 2014, and can be obtained by requesting support at http://support.automation.siemens.com/.
ROSv3.12.4 is a minor release with fixes to known issues and some feature enhancements.
· RS900M can now be configured to provide Link state and Link activity on separate port LEDs.
· MAC migration from one secure port to another secure port for dual-homed devices is now supported on select Hardware.
· Static MAC learning now allows the same MAC address to be part of multiple VLANs when used in conjunction with the Port Trunk feature.
· It is now possible to configure static MAC addresses with no CoS value.
Security fixes and improvements
· When SNMP traps from ROS are reverted back to the same device, management functionality can be affected. This does not affect L2 switching functionality and is now fixed. Please see Siemens Advisory ssa-324789 to learn more.
o SIEMENS recommends that compatible RUGGEDCOM devices are updated to this version of ROS.
· 802.1p priority information was not properly processed for Broadcast frames on supported devices and has now been fixed.
· Learning and aging out of TIN addresses caused some stability issues which have now been resolved.
· SNTP requests to the RSG2288 when the time source is either GPS or IRIG-B caused some stability issues. This is now fixed.
· RS900M running prior ROSv3.12 series firmware used to remove and regenerate credential files on every reboot. This is now resolved.
· GBIC/SFP modules not supporting the MOD_DEF 4 identifier were rejected on RSG2100, RSG2200 and the RSG2300 running ROSv3.12.2. This has now been resolved.
· The Alarms refresh time was not set to default when factory defaults were loaded. This has now been fixed.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry