SINAMICS V: Speed Control of a V20 with S7-1500 and ET 200SP via USS® Protocol, with HMI Connection
The SINAMICS V20 is compactly designed and can be adjusted individually to the requirements of the application as well as the demands of the users via various options (such as external BOP, connecting cables, filters, brake resistors, shielding, ...). The compact and robust devices are tailored for the operation of pumps, fans, compressors and conveyor systems, as well as for simple drive tasks in the processing and production industry.
Drive connection by means of USS® protocol
- Cyclic write/read access of a SIMATIC S7-1200 to selected SINAMICS V20 process/control data whose transmission is supported by a STEP7 system instruction.
- Acyclic write/read access of a SIMATIC S7-1200 to selected SINAMICS V20 data that is exchanged via parameter accesses via STEP7 system instruction.
- Distributed connection of the drives via SIMATIC ET 200SP.
The above tasks are supported by a KTP600 operator panel so that you can control the drives via their control word bits, specify speed setpoint values, monitor status bits and read out actual speed values. You can furthermore conveniently read out and change a number of inverter data and parameters.
The SINAMICS V20 drives are connected to the SIMATIC controller via decentralized ET 200SP stations. Into the ET 200SP PtP, communication modules can be plugged, where each of them can serve up to 16 SINAMICS V20 via the USS® bus. The user function blocks work with the STEP7 system instructions USS_Port_Scan, USS_Drive_Control, USS_Read_Param and USS_Write_Param. The operater panel KTP600 can be simulated on the TIA portal, so the hardware concerned is not absolutely necessary. The application example supports a hardware configuration with 1 ET 200SP, which contains 1 PtP module. This allows you to connect up to 16 drives. How to expand the configuration to more peripheral stations with more PtP modules see the application description.
USS protocol for retrofit in machine and plant
The use of the USS protocol for the exchange of data between a SIMATIC S7-1200/1500 can be used very sensibly for the retrofit of machines and plants.
There is often the wish to keep the existing drive landscape, consisting of MICROMASTER 4xx and MASTERDRIVES drives and only to update the automation system. This will be particularly the case for expanded machines and plants in order to limit the investment volume.
corrected wiring in documentation
Added projects for TIA Portal V15
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry