What additions are included in the firmware changes of the S7-1200 controllers?
The operating system (firmware) of the SIMATIC S7-1200 is updated continuously.
You can download firmware updates to a CPU within a hardware version of the CPU using the following methods:
- Via a SIMATIC memory card
- Via the released/authorized function of the enables web server of the CPU (firmware V3 onwards)
- Via the online function in the TIA Portal (V13 and higher)
- Via the SIMATIC Automation Tool
You must replace the hardware in order to be able to use any new functions of a higher version of the CPU hardware.
The document below includes a comparative overview of the different hardware versions of the S7-1200 CPU and a list of the new features of the separate firmware versions.
Detailed information on the topic of S7-1200 CPU firmware is available in the entries below.
- System Manual SIMATIC S7-1200 Automation System - Edition:11/2011
- System Manual SIMATIC S7-1200 Automation System - Edition: 04/2012
- System Manual SIMATIC S7-1200 Automation System - Edition: 09/2016
- SIMATIC Automation Tool - the support tool for commissioning and service of S7-1200, S7-1500 with ET 200SP CPU and distributed IO devices
- Where do you find the latest operating system updates (firmware) for SIMATIC S7-1200 controllers?
- How do you perform a firmware update for the S7-1200 as from V3.0 in STEP 7 (TIA Portal) by means of the web server?
- What should you watch out for in STEP 7 (TIA Portal) when replacing an S7-1200 V3 with an S7-1200 V4?