Integrating HMI Operator Panels in TCP/IP Networks and access to a NAS or to a shared Windows folder
SIMATIC HMI operator panels offer the option to archive process values and to generate protocols/reports.
The aim is to archive this production data not locally on the individual panels, but on the following stations.
- Centralized on a PC.
- On several PCs.
- On a Windows Server operating system.
- On a file server (NAS hard drives).
The protocols are furthermore to be printed out directly via a standard printer in the network.
Content of the application
The application is divided into two documents.
- Integration into typical network configurations
- Settings for "Folder shares" and "Access protection" (NAS or Windows folder shares)
1. Integrate HMI operator panels into network configurations
The first document describes how you can integrate HMI operator panels into four typical network configurations and what settings are respectively required on the following components.
- on the panel
- on the PC
- an the router
- on the printer
The following network configurations are described:
- Default network
There is one joint network in which all nodes are linked with each other.
- Separate networks
a) Two separate networks that are connected with each other via a router.b) Just as (a) together with a WINS server.c) Just as (a) together with a server operating system as well as a DNS server and a WINS server.
2. Settings for "folder shares” and “access protection” (NAS or shared Windows folders)
For this, it is irrelevant whether a “Windows Server operating system” or a file server (NAS hard drives) is used.
Figure 02, File access via the network
The following topics are described in detail in the documentation:
- Computer Management
- Create users
- Create groups
- How to share a folder?
- Get computer name and setup name of share
- Settings on SIMATIC Panels
Access to shared folders (2,7 MB)
Info about Windows 10
2nd Document "" added
Note on Firewall and links to further information added.
Name resolution, domain name server, Windows name server, network share, network drive, static, fixed, dynamic, variable, IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, network and sharing center, changing adapter settings, LAN, network adapter, internet protocol, computer name, PC name, communication network, control panel, system properties, network and dial-up connections, Ethernet interfaces, PN_X1, Ping, data exchange, file and printer share in network, advanced share, share name, authorizations, authentication, addressing, printer properties, printer connection, print server, logon data, login data, owner properties, network ID, domain, routing mode, MAC address, network settings, secondary WINS, primary WINS, office network, factory network, automation network, plant network, DHCP server, node, switch, logon dialog, login dialog, process value archive
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry