Sample program: S5 Timer in ProTool/Pro
How can I enter S5 Timer values directly in ProTool/Pro?
More detailed information on the topic of the S5 Timer is also available in the following entries:
- "Operating the S5 timer via Operator Panel in the controller ", Entry ID 5996891.
- "Showing an S5TIME variable from a SIMATIC logic control with ProTool/Pro", Entry ID 9123496
- "Entering an S5TIME variable in ProTool/Pro", Entry ID 9125571
This example has been implemented using scripts. The value to be converted is captured via a FLOAT input field and converted into an integral number using a script. This number is then transferred to the controller. What you have to pay attention to here are the limits of the S5 Timer. The scripts used execute a linear scaling with 1000, which is realized by the tags "lof_E_intern", "flo_EA_inter","time_E_DW0" and "time_EA_DW0". The script link is in the Properties of the tags in the "Functions" tab.
The project file for ProTool/Pro V5.10:
This is a PC project that has been created with ProTool/Pro V5.1. Copy the "Real2TimePDB.exe" file into a separate directory and then unpack it with a double-click. You can then use ProTool/Pro V 5.10 or higher to open and process this project.
Real2TimePDB.exe ( 34 KB )
The project file for ProTool V6.0 SP1a:
This is an MP270B project that has been created with ProTool/Pro V6.0 SP1a. Copy the "MP270B_RealToTime.exe" file into a separate directory and then unpack it with a double-click. You can then use ProTool V6.0 SP1a or higher to open and process this project.
MP270B_RealToTime.exe ( 41 KB )
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry