Logging User Data by means of RFID with the SIMATIC S7-1200 (Set 13)
In the packaging industry, provided containers are to be filled using RFID transponders and written with the user data such as content, pieces, weight....
The automation task is to include the following requirements:
- Reading the user data when detecting the RFID transponder
- Reading out of the unique serial number (UID) and integration in the production process (logging via data log function)
- Switch between manual and automatic mode
- Manual mode: manual editing and writing of user data
- Automatic mode: automatic writing of user data of the filling during production
- Securing the productions process: even in the event of non-recognition of the transponder the filling process needs to be continued and the error is displayed
- Operator control and monitoring via HMI touch panel
With this set, the set 6 is extended by the RFID functionality.
The SIMATIC S7-1200 controller family offers the optimum combination for the direct operation of using the Siemens RFID and code reading systems using the RF120C communication module.
ISO 15693 compatible transponders can be read and written in single tag operation, using the economical RF240R RFID reader.
The MDS D261 ISO transponders are self-adhesive and have a 8 byte unique serial number (UID, read only) and a 256 byte EEPROM user memory.
The application example has been realized using the TIA Portal and can be operated either via the SIMATIC HMI TP700 Comfort or its simulation.
In automatic mode the transponders are written with the production data of the filling.
In manual mode there is the option to test the pure RFID functionality (even without real hardware configuration with weighing technology).
Current version 2.0 as of TIA Portal V14 Update 2 (STEP 7 V14, WinCC Comfort V14)
Flyer V2.0 (404,4 KB)
Documentation V2.0 (2,3 MB)
Project V2.0 for TIA Portal V14 and S7-1200 CPU FW V4.2 (3.2 MB)
Older version 1.1 for TIA Portal V13 Update 2 (STEP 7 V13, WinCC Comfort V13)
Flyer V1.1 (394.9 KB)
Documentation V1.1 (887.9 KB)
Project V1.1 for TIA Portal V13 and S7-1200 CPU FW V4.0 (8.5 MB)
Manual “SIMATIC S7-1200 automation system”
Function manual “SIMATIC Ident RFID systems Ident profile and Ident blocks, standard function for Ident systems”
Application example “Quality Assurance by means of Weighing, Controlling and Logging with the SIMATIC S7-1200 (set 6)”
Application example “Early communication between SIMATIC RF160C and SIMATIC S7 Controllers”
RFID basic examples: SIMATIC RF200 via RF120C
Update to TIA Portal V14 (SIMATIC ident instructions V4.0)
Quality management, filling