Delivery Release for SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 and SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 ASIA
SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 and SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 ASIA are herewith released for delivery. SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 / WinCC V7.3 ASIA are independent products in a complete version.
SIMATIC WinCC V7.0 SP3/V7.2 and SIMATIC WinCC V7.0 SP3/V7.2 ASIA will remain available for ordering for the time being.
Customers with a WinCC Software Update Service agreement will receive the new software automatically.
1. Delivery Release
In addition to the WinCC Basic Packages SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 in the European version and SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 ASIA, the following WinCC options are also released, or they are compatible:
- WinCC/Server V7.3
- WinCC/Redundancy V7.3
- WinCC/User Archives V7.3
- WinCC/Web Navigator V7.3
- WinCC/DataMonitor V7.3
- WinCC/Connectivity Pack V7.3
- WinCC/Connectivity Station V7.3
- WinCC/WebUX V7.3 (new option)
The delivery release or the compatibility tests for the following WinCC Basic Packages / Options will be published separately:
- SIMATIC Information Server 2014
- SIMATIC Process Historian 2014
- WinCC/Audit V7.3
- WinCC/CalendarScheduler V7.3
- WinCC/EventNotifier V7.3
- WinCC Performance Monitor V7.3
- WinCC ODK V7.3
- WinCC IndustrialDataBridge V7.3
- SIMATIC Powerrate
- SIMATIC B.Data
- SIMATIC Telecontrol (for WinCC)
- SIMATIC Pro Agent
Other versions of these options will not run with SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 / WinCC V7.3 ASIA, or have not been tested for compatibility.
Compared to SIMATIC WinCC V7.2, SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 includes all past WinCC updates and features the following changes of the functional scope:
2.1 Operating systems
WinCC V7.3 supports the following Microsoft operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1(32-Bit / 64-Bit) Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate for WinCC Server / Single-User / Client
- Windows 8.1(32-Bit / 64-Bit) Professional, Enterprise for WinCC Server / Single-User / Client
- Windows 2008 Server SP2 Standard Edition (32-Bit) for WinCC Server / Single-User / Client
- Windows 2008 Server R2 SP1 Standard Edition (64-Bit) for WinCC Server / Single-User
- Windows 2012 Server R2 (64-Bit) Standard Edition for WinCC Server / Single-User
Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 permit a maximum of 3 client connections in a multi-user configuration.
The following direct Migration (one migration step) is possible:
- Version 6.2 SP3
- Version 7.0 SP3
- Version 7.2
2.3 Expansion of the WinCC Configuration Studio
- The configuration options in the style of Excel have been expanded for the following editors:
- Alarm Logging
- Tag Logging
- User Archive
- Text Library
- User Administrator
- Acoustic Alarm
- Export / import functions are supported
Note: The WinCC Configuration Studio replaces the previous separate engineering editors.
2.4 Expansion of the communication channels
- Support of the symbolic address and CPU-alarming in the communication channel to the new S7-1500 CPUs
- OPC UA Server Alarm & Condition (A&C)
2.5 Encrypted communication
- SSL Encryption for the communication of the terminal bus (communication between server and client)
2.6 Multi-User Engineering for integrated projects (WinCC configuration via Simatic Manager STEP 7)
- STEP 7 Version 5.5 SP4 is required. Please read the information in the STEP 7 version 5.5 SP4 readme file.
- Several users can simultaneously process a project under certain conditions from different computers and use different resources in doing so.
2.7 Enhanced functionality with the WinCC Graphics Designer
- Selection window "Process Screens"
- All screens and faceplates of the folder "GraCS" of the project are displayed and can be localized by means of file filters
- Support of the SVG screen objects and Direct2D
- The viewlet "Ouput Window"
- When you save a screen the viewlet "Ouput Window" will display information, errors and warnings concerning the configuration.
... and more
New option SIMATIC WinCC/WebUX V7.3 for the mobile application
WinCC/WebUX provides a solution for operator control and monitoring of the automation system via encrypted HTTPS connections with SSL certificates, which is independent of the device and the browser. This option can be used additional to the WinCC/WebNavigator and - in the first version - offers configuration over direct connections to all standard objects, Windows objects, Rohr objects, most important Smart objects, line styles, Alarm & Trend Control.
WinCC/WebUX is of particular advantage for the following user groups:
- Monitoring of production plants anywhere
- Better support for realtime decision
- Well-informed, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile access to any plant section
- Simplified access even to widely distributed plants
- No maintenance required on the terminal unit (client)
- No installation required on the client side
- No web technology know-how required
- Integrated in the WinCC configuration
- Little engineering work required
WinCC/WebUX including one client connection for monitoring is included in the WinCC basic package.
SIMATIC WinCC/Web Navigator V7.3
- As from WinCC V7.3 you can print in the WebNavigator Client and in WinCCViewerRT out of the WinCC-Controls.
- New graphic formats (PNG, EMF, JPG, GIF and WMF)
SIMATIC WinCC/Data Monitor V7.3
- Enhanced functionality in Excel Workbook Wizard (configuration of the display of archive values and messages)
- Language-specific display of the static process images in the WebCenter
Compatibility with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP2, 2010 and 2013 (32Bit)
- Internet Explorer 11
For more information on the new features in SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 / WinCC V7.3 ASIA please see the document "What's new in WinCC V7" on the product DVD.
3. Software Download
All packages for the WinCC V7.3 EU version incl. Software Update Service (SUS) are available as software and as license download.
Would you like to be able to access all upgrades of the automation software on the very day of their publishing and depending on the location ?
If yes, you should make use of our offer for Online Software Delivery (OSD) and in the future obtain all software packages via download !
For more information on the Online Software Delivery please use the link:
4. Declaration of product phaseout for SIMATIC WinCC V6.2 SP3
Together with the delivery release of SIMATIC WinCC V7.3, SIMATIC WinCC V6.2 SP3 has been declared a phased-out product. This means that the affected products will be deleted from the catalog, but remain available for ordering for at least one more year.
WinCC V6.2 SP3 will also remain available for ordering for the time being; at least until Sept. 30, 2015,
5. Ordering data
WinCC 7.3 OSD
WinCC_V73_LF_orderdata_ext_OSD.xls ( 44 KB )
WinCC 7.3 EU Version
WinCC_V73_LF_orderdata_ext.xls ( 44 KB )
WinCC 7.3 ASIA Version
WinCC_V73_LF_orderdata_ext_ASIA.xls ( 35 KB )
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry