Modular Safety System ES 2008 + SP5
Modular Safety System ES is the engineering software package for configuration, start-up and diagnostics of the 3RK3 modular safety system. The software combines the configuring of the hardware, the programming of the safety functions and the testing and diagnostics of the safety system.
( 211 KB )
The parameterization software forms part of the Modular Safety System and replaces laborious wiring of the individual functions by fast and easy parameterization.
All function elements can be placed via drag & drop.
All functions – whether safety or logic functions – are provided as blocks and can also be interlinked.
Highlight: testing through forcing
The software facilitates the safety application’s testing through forcing.
The targeted setting of outputs allows for an advance monitoring the downstream safety function’s reaction. This eases and accelerates the safety application’s commissioning.
The MSS ES software furthermore serves as reliable "diagnostics tool" as it supports online monitoring of every element’s state and the entire interconnection. In addition, a comprehensive documentation of the safety function is prepared.
Modular Safety System ES is offered in three different versions:
The user can chose between different versions of Modular Safety System ES. For this purpose, Modular Safety System ES Basic, Modular Safety System ES Standard and now also Modular Safety System ES Premium are available. While Modular Safety System ES Basic represents a powerful tool for commissioning and maintenance staff, Modular Safety System ES Standard serves as the perfect tool for engineers and configuration engineers thanks to its extended functional scope.
Modular Safety System ES Premium offers the following features in addition to the functional scope of the "Standard" version:
- Download of the parameterization via PROFIBUS
- Online diagnostics via PROFIBUS
- Generation, import and export of macros
- Compilation of a library with separate functional units
- Export and import of macros to and from other projects for reuse
Overview of add-ons:
- Support of new expansion modules
- 8 DI
- 4 F-DO
- 4/8 F-RO
Overview of SP2 expansions
- Support of the new MSS Advanced central module
- All logic and monitoring functions of the modular safety system can also be parameterized for AS-Interface and ASIsafe when using the new Advanced central module (e.g. muting, protective door monitoring).
- New monitoring block "protective door with interlocking" (prerequisite: Advanced central module)
- Neue Funktionselemente Muting (2- und 4-Sensor-parallel / 4-Sensor-sequentiell)
(Voraussetzung: Zentralmodul Advanced)
- New muting function elements (2- and 4-sensor parallel / 4-sensor sequential) (prerequisite: Advanced central module)
- New monitoring block "monitoring universal" (prerequisite: Advanced central module)
Also the evaluation of any binary signals of 1-channel and 2-channel sensors is now supported thanks to free parameterization options.
- Status element "element status" (prerequisite: Advanced central module)
Read-out of specific states of function elements for further processing in the MSS or PLC logics:
- Timer running
- Function awaiting start-up test
- Logic fault
- Wiring fault
- Input substitute value active
- Time functions are now resettable
- Automatic teaching of code tables in the background
Besides the usual manual reading of code sequences, MSS ES 2008 SP2 and the Advanced central module automatically initiate the code sequences' teaching in the background in case of an empty or incomplete code sequence table, irrespective of the operating state.
Overview of SP3 expansions
- Support of the new MSS ASIsafe basic and MSS ASIsafe extended central modules
- Support of additional operating systems:
- Windows 7 32 bit + SP1 Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Windows 7 64 bit Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Windows 7 64 bit + SP1 Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Printing functionality is now independent of Adobe Reader
- Several bugfixes as e.g. the occasionally incorrect displayed logic plan
Overview of SP4 expansions
- Optimization of the performance (e.g. at operating the logic plan, printing-preview)
- Functional expansions (e.g. with SP4, the release of the project is removed only if there are changes which affect the projection-CRC)
- Several bugfixes of SP3, especially in the area of „Determine online“ in the configuration, PROFIBUS communication and diagnosis of safety logic with the function element “Element status“.
- Optimization of the performance
- Functional expansions (e.g. support of remote access of devices via SimaticNet for online diagnosis and upload of parameterization)
- Several bugfixes
For further information on the software's functionality and handling, please refer to the "System Manual Modular Safety System 3RK3 (MSS)", available via the following link: /cs/document/26493228?caller=view&lc=en-WW
The licensee is granted the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to install the SW on one (1) device and use it for validation purposes. The period of use is restricted to 14 days, commencing upon initial call-up of the SW. Siemens can, however, only be held liable for SW for which a trial license is provided if Siemens fraudulently conceals any defects. These software products exclusively provided for validation purposes are respectively subject to the stipulations stated in the "General terms for the provision of Automation and Drives software products"
Windows XP Professional SP2/SP3
>=Pentium 800 MHz (or comparable)
Free memory on the hard disk
>=1024 x 768
Serial interface (COM)
Please read the "Read_me.txt" file before installing Modular Safety System ES.
Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS file.
Special information for resellers
The information and the license terms in the ReadMe_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
|Modular_Safety_System_ES_2008_SP5.zip ( 374390 KB )|