Service Pack 2 for SIMATIC WinAC RTX 2010 and WinAC RTX F 2010
Features and new functions of Service Pack 2:
The Service Pack 2 has the following new functions for SIMATIC WinAC RTX (F) 2010:
- Storage of up to 128 KB retentive data on the NVRAM of the IPC627D, IPC827D and IPC677D
Service Pack 2 for WinAC RTX (F) enables the storage of up to 128 KB retentive data on the IPCs in the case of a voltage failure, without requiring a UPS.
- Use of the onboard IE/PN interfaces of the IPC627D, IPC827D, IPC677D, IPC547E, IPC647D and IPC847D
As from Service Pack 2 WinAC RTX (F) 2010 is able to use the onboard PN/IE interface X2 of the above SIMATIC IPCs for distributed I/Os with PROFINET IO (RT).
- Support of the new Ethernet interface controller Intel i210T for PROFINET (RT)
WinAC RTX (F) is now able to use the Ethernet controller type Intel i210T for the operation of distributed I/Os with PROFINET (RT). Please bear in mind that the PC must have a latest version PCI express slot ************** in compliance with the PCI specification V2.2 or higher *************.
- Support of the new SIMATIC NET PROFIBUS CP 5613 A3
Service Pack 2 of WinAC RTX (F) now permits the use of the new PROFIBUS interface module CP 5613 A3 (PCI) for distributed I/Os with PROFIBUS DP. The features of the new cards are compatible with the previous CP 5613 A2.
- Test with latest virus scanners Symantec EndpointProtection, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and TREND MICRO OfficeScan
WinAC RTX (F) 2010 incl. SP2 has been tested in exemplary cases with the above virus scanners for compatibility.
- Test with Whitelisting Software McAffe Solidcore
WinAC RTX (F) 2010 incl. SP2 has been tested in exemplary cases with the above Whitelisting Software for compatibility.
- Integration of the current SIMATIC NET Software Editions on the WinAC RTX (F) 2010 incl. SP2 product DVD
The current SIMATIC NET Software Edition 2008 SP6 (Windows XP) and V12 SP1 (Windows 7) has been integrated on the WinAC RTX (F) 2010 incl. SP2 DVD.
Enhancements of Service Pack 2
Service Pack 2 features the following enhancements for SIMATIC WinAC RTX (F) 2010:
- Maximum length of ISOonTCP protocols
Until now WinAC RTX supported message frame lengths of up to 1024 Byte with the transmission by ISO on TCP. Service Pack 2 now supports the maximum available message frame length for ISO on TCP.
The enhancements of the previous Service Pack 1 are also included in Service Pack 2. These enhancements are described in a SIMATIC Update bulletin:
- Service Pack 1: entry ID 77262984
Availability of Service Pack 2:
With immediate effect, all SIMATIC WinAC RTX (F) 2010 products will be delivered with the Service Pack 2 on the product DVD, the order numbers have not changed:
|Product Name||Article Number|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX 2010 incl. SP2||6ES7 671-0RC08-0YA0|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX 2010 incl. SP2 Upgrade||6ES7 671-0RC08-0YE0|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX 2010 incl. SP2 Package||6ES7 671-0RC08-6YA0|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX F 2010 incl. SP2||6ES7 671-1RC08-0YA0|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX F 2010 incl. SP2 Upgrade||6ES7 671-1RC08-0YE0|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX F 2010 incl. SP2 Package||6ES7 671-1RC08-6YA0|
These products include a SIMATIC NET IE SOFTNET S7 LEAN license V12 for SIMATIC communication over the Windows Ethernet interface and for use of the SIMATIC NET OPC server with WinAC.
An update DVD is available for upgrading existing installations:
|Product Name||Article Number|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX 2010 incl. SP2 Update||6ES7 671-0RC08-0YU8|
|SIMATIC WinAC RTX F 2010 incl. SP2 Update||6ES7 671-1RC08-0YU8|
The Update DVD for SIMATIC WinAC RTX (F) 2010 can only be used to upgrade existing installations and includes no licenses!
Installation of Service Pack 2:
Service Pack 2 is integrated in the full version of SIMATIC WinAC RTX (F) 2010 and will therefore be completely installed.
In order to upgrade existing installations, it is therefore necessary to uninstall SIMATIC WinAC RTX (F) 2010 with SIMATIC Windows Logic Controller, WinAC Time Synchronization and IntervalZero RTX.
The IntervalZero RTX real-time core must not be uninstalled if you upgrade from WinAC RTX (F) 2010 SP1 to SP2.
The current SIMATIC NET software editions are integrated on the DVD and can be installed from there, if required. See also the next chapter concerning the upgrade of existing SIMATIC NET installations.
Operation with the SIMATIC NET software:
WinAC RTX (F) 2010 SP2 is compatible with the following SIMATIC NET software editions:
- SIMATIC NET DVD Edition 2008 SP6 (V7.1.6) for Windows XP and WES2009 (available on the DVD)
- SIMATIC NET DVD Edition 8.0 SP1 for Windows 7
- SIMATIC NET DVD Edition 8.1 for Windows 7 and WES7
- SIMATIC NET DVD Edition 8.2 SP1 for Windows 7 and WES7
- SIMATIC NET DVD Edition V12 SP1 for Windows 7 and WES7 (available on the DVD)
The installation of the SIMATIC NET software is independent of the WinAC Setup, depending on the Windows operating system used.
An upgrade of the SIMATIC NET version is not necessary for existing installations. However, if the SIMATIC NET installation is to be upgraded from the WinAC RTX (F) DVD, the existing SIMATIC NET licenses must be checked for their validity with the new version and purchased separately, if necessary.
Compatibility test with virus scanners and Whitelisting software:
The following virus scanners have been sucessfully tested with WinAC RTX (F) for compatibility:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- TREND MICRO OfficeScan#
The following Whitelisting software has been sucessfully tested with WinAC RTX (F) for compatibility:
- McAfee Solidcore
The tests were made on an exemplary basis to test WinAC RTX (F) 2010 incl. SP2 for compatibility with virus scanners, but do not represent a general release with arbitrary versions. For more information on the use and configuration of virus scanners and Whitelisting software with WinAC RTX (F) please also see the SIMATIC Security Guidelines for PC-based automation systems at entry ID 55390879
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry