Process Optimization and Energy Management with SIMATIC PCS 7 in the Fertilizer Industry (Video)
Fertilizer production is a very energy-intensive process. An optimal plant operation and the efficient use of resources are decisive factors for economic success. This must be done while meeting the highest safety standards and quality requirements. Siemens products and in particular the SIMATIC PCS 7 process control system help dealing with the requirements of safety, efficiency and quality:
- With engineering/simulation tools such as COMOS and SIMIT and add-ons such as Advanced Process Control (APC) for process optimization
- With a uniform and standardized operating concept (HMI+) and Advanced Process Graphics (APG) for easy process control and monitoring
- With a safety-instrumented system that ranges from the sensor and the controller through engineering with SIMATIC Safety Matrix, right through to the actuator
- With energy efficient solutions for energy management , for monitoring and control of energy consumption
- With process analytics and gas chromatography for quality control
This media system gives you an opportunity to experience to topic within a short time and in a comfortable way. In each chapter you will find topic-related videos, links and further information.
- The challenges of fertilizer production
- Efficient engineering
- Innovative operator control and monitoring
- Plant and Process Safety
- Energy management
- Process Analytics
- References and brochures
- Sample project
Supply of the PCS 7 sample project
The project can be obtained free of charge from your regional SIEMENS Sales Partner.
YouTube playlist: SIMATIC PCS 7 in Fertilizer Industry
Media system - Integrated Engineering on the basis of COMOS with SIMATIC PCS 7 and the SIMIT Simulation Framework
Chemical industry web page - A trusted partner to the fertilizer industry
PCS 7 V8.1 sample project with description, new topics "Safe Operation" and "Process Safety and Instrumentation" in chapter "Plant and Process Safety"
E-Learning, Tutorial, Teaser, Webcast, Multimedia-based demonstration system, MMDS, Film, Screencast, Ammonia production, Advanced Process Library, APL, Condition Monitoring, Asset Management, Alarm Management, Smart Alarm Hiding, B.Data, PowerControl, Multiproject Engineering, Safety Lifecycle, Prozess Equipment, References and Brochures, Chemie, Augmented Safety