Setting up a secure VPN Connection between SCALANCE S and CP x43-1 Adv. Using a static IP Address.
Due to increased networking through Ethernet, remote diagnostics and/or remote maintenance are of great importance in modern automation systems. Today's Internet access mechanisms (wireless, broadband) and the security components from Siemens are an ideal combination for industrial remote communication.
A VPN tunnel is the typical way to establish a secure connection between two networks (e.g., automation networks or individual devices).
A VPN is a virtual, logical private network based on a publicly accessible infrastructure. Only communication partners that belong to this private network can communicate with each other and exchange information and data.
This application shows the user how to establish a secure connection between two networks over the Internet with the aid of Siemens' Security Products portfolio.
The security modules SCALANCE S and CP x43-1 Advanced are used to implement the task.
The solution described in this application has the following characteristics:
- VPN tunnel for flexible access to the automation cell - possible, for example, for a service employee.
- Controlled, encrypted data traffic between SCALANCE S and CP x43-1 Advanced.
- High degree of security for machines and plants through the implementation of the cell protection concept.
- Integrated network diagnostics via SNMP or Syslog.
- Easy integration into existing networks and protection of devices that do not have their own security functions.
- Protection of the SIMATIC controller without an additional security module
|Content of Downloads||
Setting up a secure VPN Connection between SCALANCE S and CP x43-1 Adv. Using a static IP Address
|Topics Overview: Getting Started with Industrial Remote Communication||Entry ID:|
|Topics Overview: All-round protection with Industrial Security||Entry ID:|
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry