SINAMICS G/S: PROFINET Connection with LabVIEW
A SINAMICS converter with PROFINET interface is to be connected to a PC with the software LabVIEW from National Instruments.
Cyclic and acyclic I/O communication shall be realized via any network interface of the used PC. LabVIEW shall operate as PROFINET controller.
The application example shows how to connect a SINAMICS S120 converter to a standard PC by using a DLL which is integrated and running in LabVIEW. For simpler handling the application example VIs are provided for standard telegrams. Their interface emulates 1:1 the SINAMICS telegram interface:
· Standard telegram 1 (Closed-loop speed control)
· Standard telegram 111 (Basic positioner operation)
· Free telegram configuration
For acyclic communication an example VI is provided to read/write parameters which can be extended when required.
The DLL to be tied into LabVIEW is based on the product “PROFINET driver for controllers”.
A runtime license is required (e.g. single license 6ES7195-3AA05-0XA0).
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry