Which functions can you use with the different WinCC (TIA Portal) Engineering versions (Basic/Comfort/Advanced/Professional)?
You can order WinCC (TIA Portal) in the following versions: WinCC Basic, WinCC Comfort, WinCC Advanced and WinCC Professional. In addition there are the two Runtime systems, WinCC Runtime Advanced and WinCC Runtime Professional.
WinCC (TIA Portal) V15
The difference between the versions is above all in the devices you can configure.
Figure 01, WinCC (TIA Portal) V15
- With WinCC Basic you can configure all Basic Panels.
- With WinCC Comfort you can configure all the panels that can be configured with WinCC (TIA Portal) (Basic Panels, Comfort Panels, Mobile Panels).
- With WinCC Advanced you can also configure the PC-based Runtime system "WinCC Runtime Advanced" in addition to the panels.
- With WinCC Professional you can also configure the PC-based Runtime system "WinCC Runtime Professional" in addition to the devices that can be configured with WinCC Advanced.
The versions can be upgraded with power packs. For example, you can start with WinCC Comfort and, if necessary, upgrade to the WinCC Advanced or WinCC Professional versions.
The functions that you can use in your project (scripting, picture objects, for example) depend on the configured device and not on the Engineering version used. Details are available in the technical data of the devices.
To be able to use the configure system to the full and start Runtime, you need the corresponding panel and WinCC Runtime Advanced or WinCC Runtime Professional. Furthermore, in the Engineering system you have a simulation which you can use to test the functions used in the project. The exceptions to this are functions which access the file system of an HMI Panel, for example.
The version you need to process a project, therefore, depends on the devices used in the project. Right-click the project name in the project tree and click Properties. The software you need is under "Software products in the project".
In addition, the following restrictions apply for WinCC Basic.
- In WinCC V13 onwards you can use so-called styles. You can also use these styles for Basic Panels. However, with WinCC Basic you cannot create any new styles. This is only possible with WinCC Comfort onwards. For more information about this topic, go to Entry ID: 91174767.
- With WinCC Basic you cannot import/edit an system texts.
The following devices are no longer supported as of WinCC (TIA Portal) V15.
- WinAC MP 177, WinAC MP 277, WinAC MP 377
- OP and TP Series 70, Series 170 and Series 270
- Multi Panels Series 170, Series 270 and Series 370
- TIA Portal Panels with V11 Image
For further details see the following info under the Entry ID: 109754931.