Sample program MODBUS Slave (standard block) zXX21_05_PtP_Com_MODSL.zip for STEP 7 (TIA Portal)
This sample program, contained in the project zXX21_05_PtP_Com_MODSL, includes the standard functions for operating the communications processors CP 341 and CP 441-2 (as MODBUS Slave).
The .zip file includes two projects:
STEP 7 Professional V11.0 + SP 2
STEP 7 Professional V13
Structure of the sample program
In this example, a communication connection is enabled between a MOSBUS Master control system and the communications module CP 341 (S7-300) or CP 441-2 (S7-400). The function codes below can be used for the communication between CP and the third-party system:
- 01 (Read Coils)
- 02 (Read Discrete Inputs)
- 03 (Read Holding Registers)
- 04 (Read Input Register)
- 05 (Write Single Coil)
- 06 (Write Single Register)
- 08 (Diagnostic)
- 15 (Write Multiple Coils)
- 16 (Write Multiple Registers)
Installation of the sample program
After downloading the project you must unpack the ZIP archive; a local path in the Engineering Station must be used as target path for the project. After unpacking, start the TIA Portal and open the project in the Portal View. The examples described are now available in the Project View.
Update to STEP 7 V13.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry