Setting up IE S7 OPC Redundancy with two OPC servers and WinCC Advanced as OPC UA client
For monitoring and analyzing the state of a heterogeneous plant, a direct connection of the HMI to the field PLCs is often not reasonable or hardly possible.
It is therefore necessary to create a uniform interface from the field and control level to the management level. OPC UA provides such a manufacturer-independent interface.
To ensure increased availability of the SCADA system connected to a (or several) OPC server(s), a redundant version of the OPC servers is advantageous.
To ensure increased availability of the OPC servers, the S7 OPC Redundancy product was released together with SIMATIC NET DVD V8.1. S7 OPC Redundancy serves for setting up redundant servers with transparent switchover mechanisms to OPC UA clients.
The application example offers the following advantages
- Step-by-step instructions for setting up S7 OPC Redundancy with WinCC Runtime Advanced as OPC Client:
- Setting up Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Creating the configuration in STEP 7 V13
- Connecting WinCC Runtime Advanced
- Sample project for adjusting and comprehending the configuration
|Content of Downloads||Download|
STEP 7 project for TIA Portal V13