Entry type: Manual, Entry ID: 109754982, Entry date: 11/22/2017
SIMATIC Process control system PCS 7 Operator Station (V9.0 SP1)
|Document:||Operator Station (V9.0 SP1) (10/2017, English)|
|Type of topic:||Action|
If you want to display texts (for example, message texts or OS area IDs), which are stored in SIMATIC Manager, in more than one language during process control, use the SIMATIC Manager export/import function to change the multilingual texts.
All required languages are installed.
You can find additional information in section "Configuration and user interface languages".
- In SIMATIC Manager, open the component view.
- Select the project in the tree view.
- Select the menu command Options > Manage Multilingual Texts > Export....
The "Export user texts" dialog box opens.
Enter the settings.
If necessary, change the storage path for the export file.
Check the setting in the "Format" field. The "Excel spreadsheet (*.csv)" format must be selected. Change the settings, if necessary.
- Click "OK".
A CSV file is created.
- Make the required changes in the CSV file.
If you change individual texts using the export/import functions in CFC, SFC or PH, bear in mind that you compile the text identically at all points (e.g. for all block types and copies of a block). Otherwise, inconsistencies may arise, leading to the incorrect language version of the texts appearing.
- After entering the changes, select the menu command Options > Manage Multilingual Texts > Import... and import the modified CSV file.
- Compile the OS.
You can find additional information about this in section "Compiling the OS data".
- Download the OS.
You can find additional information about this in section "Downloading a project and configuration changes".
- Online help on the dialog boxes
- Process Control System PCS 7; Engineering System manual