Entry type: Manual, Entry ID: 109760835, Entry date: 12/12/2017
SIMATIC S7-1500 S7-PLCSIM Advanced
|Document:||S7-PLCSIM Advanced (12/2017, English)|
|Type of topic:||Fact|
Restrictions for security
Note the following restrictions when using PLCSIM Advanced:
- The user interfaces (API) do not have options for authentication and authorization. There is no protection using user accounts and passwords.
- The Runtime Manager communication is not protected by authentication.
- The multi-computer simulation communication is not encrypted.
- A TCP/IP port is opened on the PC for cross-network communication.
- The installed WinPcap component provides access to TCP/IP network communication.
For cross-computer communication, it is recommended to use a closed simulation network that is not connected to a production network.
If know-how-protected blocks for the simulation support are enabled, the know-how protection is limited.