Entry type: Manual, Entry ID: 109760968, Entry date: 08/24/2018
SIMATIC Process Control System PCS 7 Advanced Process Library (V9.0 SP2)
|Document:||Advanced Process Library (V9.0 SP2) (08/2018, English)|
|Type of topic:||Fact|
Opening additional faceplates
You can open standard views of other faceplates from various faceplate views. Here, you have the following options:
- Two buttons that you can assign freely and that are used to call faceplates of other blocks.
- Two predefined buttons for calling faceplates with a fixed assignment to the controller blocks.
- Buttons predefined for interlock functions
With "Small" blocks, you can call up only one faceplate from the standard view.
Freely assignable buttons
From the standard view and from the preview, you can use a button to open the standard view of a block that can be selected freely. In order to use this function, in the CFC you need to interconnect the SelFp1 input parameter for the button in the standard view or SelFp2 for the button in the preview to any given output parameter of the block whose faceplate is to be opened. This makes the buttons in the faceplates visible.
You can only configure the button in the standard view (SelFp1) with interlock blocks. There are no buttons with the GainSched block.
You can change the button labels in the "OS additional text" attribute to "SelFp1"/"SelFp2".
There is also an alternative solution for labeling the buttons:
The main difference between this solution and the first solution is that the labels are only specified when the faceplate above the block icon is opened. This solution is therefore outdated.
Predefined buttons for controller blocks
You can open the standard view for the following blocks from a controller standard view or parameter view (for example PIDConL):
- ConPerMon (can be called from the standard view)
- - To do this, you need to interconnect the output parameter CPI of the ConPerMon block to the input parameter CPI_In of the controller block.
- GainSched (can be called from the parameter view)
- - To do this, you need to interconnect the output parameter Link2Gain of the GainSched block to the input parameter Gain of the controller block.
The labels of the buttons cannot be changed here.
Predefined buttons for interlocks
You can open the following interlock blocks from the standard view of the technology blocks:
- Activation enable
- Interlock without reset (interlock)
- Interlock with reset (protection)
The buttons intended for this are visible when the relevant input parameter (Permit, Intlock or Protect) is interconnected to an interlock block.
You can open the standard view for the following faceplates from the standard view of the interlock blocks:
- The blocks interconnected to the input values.
- The block interconnected to the output value.
The buttons intended for this are visible when the input parameters (for example In01) or the Out output parameter of the interlock block is interconnected to a block that has a faceplate.
Interconnection of the Out output parameter to multiple blocks is not permitted. The reason for this is that a direct relationship must be established between the button in the faceplate and the faceplate to be opened by it.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry